Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
nathan

Pimped out Frog

Philly,

1mm foam for the belly..2 mm for the top.Cohens lg legs.There is med. lead dum bell eyes tied at the rear of hook shank above barb.Crystal chenille up the shank..rubber for front legs.I just happened across this metallic foam

Mikechell,

It sits slight tipped back.The silhouette is dead on.You can strip it across the surface or get the nose under and fish it just under the surface.I'm trying to get it to walk the dog..The legs maybe causing a bit to much drag..Nathan

OK. I assumed it was the same material as the legs. Foam makes more sense. It looks to be a lot lighter than the frogs I've been trying tie up using double hooks and large popper bodies. Something to consider over the winter. I can make my own metallic foam. I've been looking at the Cohen legs for a couple of years now. Just haven't picked any up yet. I've got enough spinner bait skirts or skirt layers of various colors to make the front legs. I don't think the back legs would prevent you from walking the dog. Half of that is in the rod motion. It's a lot harder to do with a fly rod, than it is with a spinning or bait casting rod. You might try playing with the placement of the hook eye. Right now it appears to be sitting in the center of the body. Try making one with the hook eye coming out of the top piece of foam and another with the hook eye coming out of the bottom piece. See if that gives you a different kind of motion that might make it easier to "walk the dog".

Here are the four sizes and a couple color variations.

Philly..you may be right on that down turned eye..Thank you!!..Nate

post-1135-0-94777600-1574261398_thumb.jpeg

post-1135-0-99801700-1574261428_thumb.jpeg