Fly Tying

I use this fly to fish for redfish in the flats down in south Texas. It mimics a brown shrimp really well. Its a cross between a more realistic shrimp pattern and a crazy charlie. Seatrout love this fly as well. It can be tied in a number of colors. Its super easy to tie, not too many steps.

Hook: Mustad 3407 size 1/0

Thread: Danville 210 Waxed

Dubbing: The Kracken Dubbing

Fiber: Super Fiber

Weight: Bead chain eyes

Epoxy: Solarez UV curing epoxy. "thin hard formula" and their "bone dry formula"

https://youtu.be/v6wID8jhaqk

post-58316-0-95761900-1455115756_thumb.jpeg

Very nice shrimp. I would guess that black bead chain eyes would look nice on this as well, like normal shrimp eyes

Very nice shrimp. I would guess that black bead chain eyes would look nice on this as well, like normal shrimp eyes

Yes, actually I usually use black, but I had ran out. I still catch them on the silver though... Thanks!

Very similar to a crayfish pattern I've been toying with. I like it. Though you didn't name the specific materials you were using. We're they FTD stuff? Edit:recipe is in the original post, but not the video.

Very similar to a crayfish pattern I've been toying with. I like it. Though you didn't name the specific materials you were using. We're they FTD stuff? Edit:recipe is in the original post, but not the video.

Yes some of the materials is FTD stuff. I really like the kracken dubbing for my shrimp. Yeah this does make a good crayfish pattern as well. I do quite a bit of LMB fly fishing. I make this pattern almost identically for crayfish, I just do a bit of editing to the shrimp horn and turn it into two pieces. To emulate crayfish claws. Also, I use a dumbbell eye for it, I like my crayfish to sink faster than my shrimp.

How does it swim? That's a fairly stout hook and those bead chain eyes might not have enough mass to keep it inverted, if that factor is important.

Also I'll be the first to say it... I stopped watching the video after a very short time. A plain background would be great.

Oh god..... not again lol

I'm sorry guys for flipping out in the other posts... I've been going through the worst flu ever! Just now starting to feel better. Not that that is much of an excuse, but it's left me having to be stuck home with the screaming kid all day every day, and I've been on edge. Also not feeling well puts me on edge.

In reality it is difficult for me to get a different background just yet, but it's something I'm working on.

How does it swim? That's a fairly stout hook and those bead chain eyes might not have enough mass to keep it inverted, if that factor is important.Also I'll be the first to say it... I stopped watching the video after a very short time. A plain background would be great.

If this rides hook up it'll be because of the buoyant ftd horn. This fly could go either way

but I would guess it will ride upside down.

Another reason to demonstrate the fly's action under water in the videos

it took a bit of time to figure out how to tie this riding the correct direction. With the steps provided, using the correct materials, it will ride correctly. Yes the fibers help give it some buoyancy towards the top, and the weighted dumbbell helps as well. Thanks for your input.