Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

9' 6wt 4pc

It's one of the blanks I bring in for my company. I believe Brian at Ye Old shop also sells some of the same IM8 ones as well though under his name. Really nice fast action blanks.

It's one of the blanks I bring in for my company. I believe Brian at Ye Old shop also sells some of the same IM8 ones as well though under his name. Really nice fast action blanks.

Sweet, thanks! Now I just have to magically conjure up a reason why I need another fly rod that my wife will believe! 😅 I've wanted a rod on a matte green blank like that ever since St. Croix used them for their rods back in the 90s.

Now I just have to magically conjure up a reason why I need another fly rod that my wife will believe!

First bring her doz red roses, a box of Krispy Kreme donuts, and something shiney to wear. If you make it past that step then there may just be hope! lol

Beautiful! I built an ultra light spinning rod and a 4wt travel rod too. Beautiful handle too.

Now I just have to magically conjure up a reason why I need another fly rod that my wife will believe!

First bring her doz red roses, a box of Krispy Kreme donuts, and something shiney to wear. If you make it past that step then there may just be hope! lol

Maybe buy here a car. A bigger house. Eventually you'll convince her.

Maybe buy here a car. A bigger house. Eventually you'll convince her.

LOL thanks for the advice guys! I showed her your suggestions -- she said all together they'd make a good start. :-D

I like the green wraps on green blank. For years I used 6 wt exclusively, you get one with the right tip you can cover a lot with it.