Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
day5

led lighting

Is led lighting avalble in a large size lamp?? and has any one used it for photos?? I was using my head lamp today at work and was thinkinig that the light was very white.

I found this one it has some bells and whistles :hyst: It appears that there are many lamps available (use Google) buy not cheap!!!

I'm not great at this photography stuff, but I used a hand held LED Flash light for the following:

IPB Image

Hey ben can I ask you to take a few shots of the same fly using diffrent lights??? be sure to mark the with something in the back ground so you can tell them apart LOL!! thanks matt

I will try to get to that sometime this week. I thought I already had pics of the stimulator with different backgrounds and light, but couldn't find my disk last night.

I should try using LED light with my film cameras just to see how things turn out with different film speeds and types of film. Will try the 8 light diving lamp and both of the large single LED flashlights or combinations of them to see how they look. Should be an interesting experiment.

Day5:

Sorry to let you down. I had a very busy weekend. :wallbash: Plus, I pulled out the LED flashlight and it was dead. :angry: Changed batteries, but no go. I don't know whats wrong, but I think it has something to do with the little board thing the LED's are attached to.

I'm still looking for my old disk though. As soon as I find it, I'll try to get some comparison pics on the board.

Finally found the lost disk of pics.

The first one is regular room lighting. I have recessed fixtures with 50W halogen bulbs pointed directly at my vise.

IPB Image

This one I used a MiniMag light with a LED bulb to highlight bottom front of the fly.

IPB Image

As you can see, it completely changed the color of the background.