Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

Thinking of you guys in Florida

When they start talking about a hurricane that might be coming your way... its like being stalked by a turtle.

We wont see much until late Sunday or Monday, but the news media will talk about it so much that you make a point of not listening... as if that were possible.

When they start talking about a hurricane that might be coming your way... its like being stalked by a turtle.

We wont see much until late Sunday or Monday, but the news media will talk about it so much that you make a point of not listening... as if that were possible.

I have family in West Palm, my prayers are with you guys. Bob the first snow fall here in New England each year receives media coverage as if were some sort of unbelievable freak occurance. 6" of snow and we get live reports from the water isle at the local market in between segments of them telling us how "Trusted" they are- lol.

I was in south Miami for Andrew, so my bar has been set pretty high. Every year the weather channel and other news outlets play up every storm as if it is Armageddon. One day it may be, but when that happens, they will have cried wolf to often.

agn54 ... I think, if you talk to the survivors of ...

Hurricanes

Katrina 2005

Irma 2017

Florence 2018

Harvey 2018

Michael 2018

... They would say that Armageddon comes too often.

Yep Armageddon, based on the latest forecasts, is currently approaching for a 4th year running ...2016 The wall of eye of Mathew passed right over us, since then a miss (wind & rain) and a storm surge of about 6 feet.

Heading for the hills before they start evacuating Florida, Georgia and South Carolina coasts ...been there done that, prefer not to repeat.

I know that the news sensationalizes these storms...but watch out Mike, this one looks pretty bad for central Florida...hope it just passes by!

Eye is over the Bahamas right now. Some of the pictures that are coming out are just crazy. 185mph sustained and they said some gusts hit 220mph. I can't even fathom that.

Be safe Mike. I know you and Jenny are not near the East shore, but this thing is huge and if it moves a bit off course then you could see some pretty nasty weather most likely, so make sure to stay up to date and be ready just in case.

We are near, actually.

It's only 25 miles, as the crow flies, to the Atlantic. If this thing skirts the coast, we'll be boarded up by then. I'm ready to put the boards up tomorrow morning.

Our "whole house" generator is ready to go ... with 10 days of propane hooked up.

If it comes right over us ...

I'll be posting updates as long as possible. I'm 90% sure we'll be okay. Thank you, Steve.

It's far enough that I can't get to salt water for fishing. But that's just because there's too many fresh water locations between here and there ... not because it's "too far".

I'm on vacation this week and the first part of next. Figures that the storm would hit this week. sad.png