Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Unscrupulous ebay seller

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#31 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 12:52 PM

Well the unscrupulous SOB corrected the ad.

Mark, have you recieved 28000 sales with feedback? I've sold about 9 things on eBay and enjoy a 100% rating as well. I think 99.6 is a fantastic rating when dealing with 28000 consumers. Ever stand in a line at a store when that person in front of you manufacturers a problem that doesn't really exist. It's these high maintenance shoppers that always find a problem that makes me use the net for shopping more and more. These same people also shop on line.

I Have 1099 feed backs and a 100 percent positive feedback score, but like I said, it's not hard. 99.6 is not a great score, many people that do a lot on eBay tend to stay away from dealers with scores that low. EBay also starts to lean on sellers with scores that low.

He may be a great guy, but he does need to be more careful. Now he's being more careful and he will get better feed backs. Integrity is everything.

Anyway, that's the way I see it.

#32 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 01:23 PM

Well the unscrupulous SOB corrected the ad.

Mark, have you recieved 28000 sales with feedback? I've sold about 9 things on eBay and enjoy a 100% rating as well. I think 99.6 is a fantastic rating when dealing with 28000 consumers. Ever stand in a line at a store when that person in front of you manufacturers a problem that doesn't really exist. It's these high maintenance shoppers that always find a problem that makes me use the net for shopping more and more. These same people also shop on line.

I Have 1099 feed backs and a 100 percent positive feedback score, but like I said, it's not hard. 99.6 is not a great score, many people that do a lot on eBay tend to stay away from dealers with scores that low. EBay also starts to lean on sellers with scores that low.

He may be a great guy, but he does need to be more careful. Now he's being more careful and he will get better feed backs. Integrity is everything.

Anyway, that's the way I see it.

Just to show you just a little bit about what I'm trying to say.

I just did a quick look at fly tying supply dealers on eBay. Of the first 22 different dealers I looked at 18 of them had a 100 percent positive feed back score, two of them had a score of 99.8 and only two had a score of 99.6 or less. Many of the dealers I looked at had over 15,000 feed backs and still had scores of 100 percent.

#33 Bill_729

Bill_729

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:59 PM

"Integrity is everything."

Agreed.

><===)'>      --8888o-------------------------------------------------------------------

#34 Bill_729

Bill_729

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 10:17 PM

Returned a Medalist reel I purchased on E-Bay this week as "defective" (I think probably the spool was bent--at least the way it reeled was consistent with that).   I noticed the seller relisted it today, with the same ad.   Basically, the ad only says that the reel "Looks like it was never used".  I even pointed out to the seller, in my return, that "...the original owner perhaps found it as unusable as I do, and that probably helps explain it's appearance".  Do all of you who were in support of the behavior of the Dyna-king Ebay seller, think this is fine behavior too?  If so, consider buying the reel as a sign of support.  The reel looks good and the price is pretty good too--even the description in the ad makes it sound good!   Seller rating, 99.1% positive, I think.  The "Integrity" is not there, in my opinion--just a seller who probably picked it up at an estate sale and doesn't want to be left "holding the bag". I suppose there's an outside chance that the seller repaired it since receiving it back yesterday. The seller sold 4 other medalist reels last month, so they probably don't belong in the "naive" category either, especially following my return.  "If everyone would sweep his own doorstep, the whole world would be clean." (might as well end on a pleasant note!)   Cheers, 

Bill_729

><===)'>      --8888o-------------------------------------------------------------------

#35 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,366 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 06:13 AM

as it personally does not involve me and to be perfectly honest, i really dont give a sh1t how that particular seller or any other sellers conducts their ebay businesses. 

i dont poke my nose in where it doesnt belong. i'm sorry if i'm being indifferent.

my opinion, others will be different

i use ebay sparingly and buy gamakatsu salmon fly hooks from only one seller and he delivers the goods at a good price with no problems

as for other tying materials, i use reputable on-line stores, and 99% of the time with no problems

i recently bought an orange dyed over white whiting american hen neck but they sent me what looked like a badger dyed orange. it was not what i ordered and simply returned it back to the shop with a nice little note requesting a refund. they replied with an apology for sending out the wrong item and with the refund now back in my bank account, all is well. i will use them againd as they otherwise have excellent quality materials for tying salmon/steelhead flies. i sleep good at night :)

The fish care less than we do!

#36 troutguy

troutguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 01:41 PM

Why would someone leave feedback or post on here about something that they are not even considering to buy on another site? I am truly baffled.

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for the day; Teach a man to tie flies and he'll pick up all the roadkill.

#37 Bill_729

Bill_729

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 04:41 PM

Deleted comment.  For questions, send a PM to mikechell.

#38 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,751 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:05 AM

topic has run it's course.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis