Fly Tying
mikechell

Hurricane ME ... I mean Michael

I hope everyone in the path of Hurricane Michael is prepared. It's touching shore as a 4, and the damage is going to be major. But they say it's going to dump more rain all the way through the Carolinas.

Be safe people !!!

Those "Michael's" can be a pain in the rear.....

that's why I don't use my real name.....

I hope everyone stays safe

Yeah they are saying winds of 130+ and maybe even 150mph blink.png

Can't remember exactly where you are in FL Mike but how close is this landfall gonna be from you? You gonna have to board up for this one?

Wow, I've just been hearing a little on the radio. I didn't mean to make light of a very bad situation. This looks like a bad one coming.

You should see it on TV. The weather people usually stand out in the wind and make it looks worse than it is. This ones winds are so bad they are all filming inside rooms or just right next to a building sheltered. They step out in thewind of this one and they would be GONE. And this is just the outer bands. Crazy stuff.

I usually listen to stations in the Winston Salem NC area and the weather lady there said they should see some winds by early tomorrow. I'm about 50 miles north of there up here in the Virginia mountains but it floods here too. The New River claimed numerous campers just a few weeks ago from Florence. Low water bridges were under water and the little city if Galax VA a few miles away got pounded and this looks like a worse one coming. I really feel for those in it's path farther south. You can ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway and still see a few areas where Hugo passed through here almost thirty years ago. The large timber is laying and rotting from the winds and the new growth is slowly hiding the devastion. I dread this one...

Stay safe everyone. Best wishes to everyone still in its path. Mexico beach sure took a bashing. Hopefully it will weaken quickly.

Fisherboy, l hope you have a generator to keep that backstrap fresh. Lol

Sorry ... I haven't been online all day. Not because of the storm ... but TV.

We didn't even get a good rain from it. A few gust once in a while, but no major weather.

I hope everyone IN the path is doing okay.

I'm still doing significant damage !!!
Powershooter and Peartree ... I know you guys are directly in the path now. Hunker down and stay safe !!!

Lots of flooding, downed trees and power outages. The field behind the house looks like a small lake, but supposed to be clear by tomorrow.

We lost power at 4:30 am. I awoke at 4am to water hitting my face. We had to move things out of our main room. The roof is shot. Needs a new one. Around 6am the rain stopped and we passed out. Awoke around 10am and only just now am getting home. Have been repairing fences and dog kennels, as well as cutting up fallen trees, and cutting down dead/trees with fallen tops. Im exhausted. We just got power back on an hour ago. And I have a 3 hour drive in the morning. Will have to put on a metal roof when I return on Monday....