Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
antonio999us

Saltwater & Freshwater Fly-Tails Arsenal

Dear Anglers from the Fly Tying Forum

It has passed long time since I posted my last thread in this iexcellent Forum. First at all I want to give you my best wishes for all of you and your beloved ones in these Holidays.

This time I bring for you my last video to show some of the Fly-Tails I was tying in the last weeks. I will use major part of these Fly-tails as a complement to my Attilas (own made spoonfly) and have more fun in my fishing.

I have tied different colours combination with the purpose to have many alternatives to choose at the moment when I’m following a catch. It is true that colours and weather conditions go together. Then, depending on day light, water colour, and the specie that I am looking for, I will use different combinations.

As I said, before to get wet many of these Fly-Tails will be set together with my Attilas (you can watch my Attila Spoonfly in my Youtube Channel to understand what I meant).

I’m sure, I will enjoy a lot doing captures with these Fly-Tails and my own lures. Here in Peru, is very strange to see an angler fishing with his own lures/flies/etc.

The materials I have used were:
- Saltwater hook Eagle Claw Octopus 4/0 and Mustad #8
- For the heads: Deer hair (tail and belly) colours: White, Black, Yellow, Chartreuse, Fl. Hot Pink, Fl. Light Blue, Fl. Orange, Purple, Red, Blue
- Artificial Craft fur: almost same colours as Deer Hair
- Coloured threads
- White Krystal Flash for bodies
- Coloured Krystal Flash for sides and back
- In some Fly-Tails I used feathers for the heads, to give more volume and movement

I hope you like this video and your suggestions and comments are welcome.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Antonio

Here is the link to my video:

Saltwater & Freshwater Fly-Tails Arsenal

Nice video. Comes thru well on full screen with good clarity. I wonder that you have nothing in there in dominant white. We use white usually enhanced with silver flash in our waters for bass and stripers where shad is the primary forage. When some of the dams run shad thru the dam into the tailwater white flies can bring some fantastic browns and rainbows to the net. Never got in on that but am going to try to make it yet.

I also wonder what the minnow body is composed of. Is that something that can be thrown on a heavy fly rod? Looks almost like something for the spin rod crowd.

Hello Vicrider,

Sorry for te delay... I was treveling and have no spare time ....

Well, I was thinking about your question , and you know something, you are right. I remembered whem I began to go fishing I use a lot white color. I will tie some fly tail with white as a predominant colour..

On the other hand, I use these these fly tails as an additional attraction for my spoonflies, which i called Attila (like the king of Huns). Maybe you can watch this video from my Youtube Channel, so you can understand how do I do the Minnow body. It weights about 46 to 49 gr (1.7oz).

Here is the link to the video.... Hope you like it and I wait for your comments...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_gfRmmKhVs