Fly Tying
breambuster

Skill Builder Series Final Round

The Skill Builder Series has been a fun ride but now we're down to the Final round. Our last round will be Parachute Flies. The rules are the same as for any other swap, except that I will post pictures of all of the flies and we will again be asking that Henrik Thomsen point out the places where we can improve. I think that anyone who has been in any of these swaps will tell you that this has been a great learning experience. The swap is open to anyone, regardless of your skill level. The swap will be open to 13 swappers. Each swapper will tie up 12 flies and you will not get back one of your own. They will go to the other 12 swappers. I've mentioned this many times, but let me say it again. Please do NOT use the printed mailing labels that the Post Office prints out. They have a date on them and are good only for the date of purchase. This time, the Postal Clerk let it slide, but in the past, I have had to pay the postage again because the postage the swapper paid was deemed to no longer be valid. PLEASE be sure to have the Postal Clerk but genuine US Postal STAMPS on your return envelope. The due date will be Oct 1 so that gives each swapper just over a month and a half to tie their flies and get them to me. Anyone should be able to tie 12 flies in 45 days, barring the unforeseen. When you are ready to mail your set, let me know and I will PM you my address. Send the flies in a crush proof box. I like to use an Altoids box, but other crush proof boxes will work. Also send a Self Addressed STAMPED Envelope for me to use in mailing your set back to you. If you have any other questions, feel free to post here or send me a PM. I've tried to check to see who all has already told me they want in, and added those names to the list below. If you've told me to add you and your name is not on the list, let me know ASAP.

Take care

BB

1. Breambuster - SM - Parachute Adams

2. Vicrider - Received

3 PJ2

4 Wetsock - Received

5 Stilis - Quill Body Parachute Adams - Received

6 jmckaughan - Received

7 L'il Dave - Received

8 Fishingbobnelson - Klinkhammer - Received

9 Mogup - Purple Haze - Received

10 Idaho RC - Received

11 jjs89yj - Received

I meant to add to the top post that anything that has a post and a horizontally wound hackle is acceptable for this swap. So it can look like a Parachute Adams or it could look like a Klinkhammer Special and it would still qualify. It's got to float and it's got to have a Parachute type hackle. Other than that, anything goes.

BB

Mogup, I believe this is the first time we've crossed paths. Don't remember that name at all. So it's good to meet you and I'm glad to have you join the swap. Welcome aboard.

Only 4 more spots open now.

Take care

BB

Thanks BB.

This is a pattern I still struggle with, so am looking forward to the practise.

Thanks Bream. I'm new to the site and I'm enjoying all the great tyers and the wealth info here.

Of course we will have you jj89yj. Glad to have you join us.

Only 2 spots left now. If anyone is thinking about it, you had better not wait too long.

BB