Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

FTOTY - Saltwater Prize

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SmallieHunter

SmallieHunter

For I am Mullis...Lord of the idiots!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:11 PM

Daryn(Joe Hard) has decided to donate a Large Cabelas Fly Box System as the prize for the saltwater category in the FTOTY contest. Thank you Daryn for your generous donation, it is more than appreciated!!!!

Here is some more info about the box

Organize your flies and easily transport them to the water. The large Fly Box System has an 8-1/2" x 8-1/2" x 5" main compartment that will hold up to five large-size fly boxes with two side pockets that will each hold two medium-size fly boxes or other essential gear. Comes with four large fly boxes.

For information on how to enter the FTOTY Contest visit: http://www.flytyingforum.com/contest

IPB Image

test

#2 Joe Hard

Joe Hard

Will Work For Bolgna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,829 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:31 PM

I have one of the older models that came with the four medium boxes on the side. Great way to store and transport all of your flies. The donation is a mere drop in the bucket for all the knowdege I have gained from this site. The mebers on this site are top notch, I try to act "human" but sometimes, drunk or stressed to the max from dealing with idiots, I might say something foolish, dont mind me. Good luck on the contest!! headbang.gif

My Webpage - http://joehardflytying.4t.com/ (WARNING LOTS OF POP UPS)

This fella will be pleased with your work, if not hes damn nuts, and should be beat with a stick!! fly time

"All it takes is one fool to be standing arround doing something, for a bunch of other fools to join in"......a quote from an old Newfoundlander I met fishing in the pooring rain

#3 CapeBSalar

CapeBSalar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:34 PM

Very generous Daryn! Cool Prize! Too bad I don't do saltwater. Someone will be a lucky winner!

Canadian Fly Tyer's

Damian's Flytyer.ca Profile

Damian's Classic Salmon Fly Website

Fly Tyer's Daily Blog

"Neither is there a right way nor a wrong way to tie a fly---sometimes just a better way."
J. Edson Leonard (Preface to his 1988 Edition of Flies, 1950, A.S. Barnes, NY)

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." Henry David Thoreu

[email protected]

#4 harleyhunter

harleyhunter

It only rains on my fishing days.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:41 PM

Hey JH awesome donation. I might even give saltwater a try for that prize... headbang.gif headbang.gif

-Sam
Genesis 1:20-23 KJV

#5 Linesides

Linesides

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:14 AM

Thats goin to look nice with my flies in it. yahoo.gif
www.saltwateredge.com
www.saltwaterflies.com

#6 Peterjay

Peterjay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:46 PM

Nice gesture Daryn - very generous - guess it's gonna take a Rhode Islander to win it though - I'd better get busy

#7 Swe-Classics

Swe-Classics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:59 AM

That's a very fine gift! someone will be very happy soon.
The fishermans best friend is a fly.

My explorations http://www.smackibacken.se

My flies http://www.bindsex.se

My Blogg http://puls.smackibacken.se

#8 FlatsRoamer

FlatsRoamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:13 PM

is this contest still going on?

Still hunting for my first tarpon on fly! 

Why are windknots in love with me?

Can't wait for that diy trip to Acklins!!

Find my youtube channel in the link below

https://www.youtube....plkVnmuDObYCLBg

#9 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:06 PM

Considering this pay is from 06 I'm guessing not.

#10 Mogup

Mogup

You guys are very cranky !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:52 PM

What ? It's over ??? C'mon !!! Already ???

#11 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:31 PM

What ? It's over ??? C'mon !!! Already ???

Only 9 years between posts, perhaps a topic for site maintenance, ya think?..

Speaking only for me, I would be happy to pay a subscription fee of $1 to $xx.00 per year if the dead posts were moved to the Archives, after xx days, with zero activities. If my time was only worth federal minimum wage, it would be cost effective to avoid searching all the antiquated content, as long as queries from current members could be directed to the archives or an archive search could be made, when our members have already solved the problems. This is the BEST site ever, based on the talents and enthusiasm, but there is always HOPE for improvements. Just my 2 cents. ( Not even 2 cents cost to participate, WOW, hope we are not all freeloaders, and I want to buy one those pink flyrods in a year or two, but my granddaughters are a little too young, currently)
Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Happily living in "Longmire's" county

😎