Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

B10s - Saltwater hook?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 missin44

missin44

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:14 AM

Before I tie a bunch of saltwater stuff, I just want to confirm the B10s is a saltwater hook?

#2 agn54

agn54

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:48 AM

Yes, I usually it in the salt a lot. It is strong enough to take some big fish and won't rust right away if you rinse it after use.

#3 FlatsRoamer

FlatsRoamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

Just beware that it is very bendy and thin wired. I had a peacock bass open up a #2 the other day, and he was only around 3lbs. 

I think you're going to Louisiana right? May want to use something stronger like a mustad or if you like gamakatsu then Sl12s 

Still hunting for my first tarpon on fly! 

Why are windknots in love with me?

Can't wait for that diy trip to Acklins!!

Find my youtube channel in the link below

https://www.youtube....plkVnmuDObYCLBg

#4 fshng2

fshng2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:39 PM

Before I tie a bunch of saltwater stuff, I just want to confirm the B10s is a saltwater hook?

Check recent attached post.

http://www.flytyingf...saltwater hook

#5 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

The unique u series has a saltwater hook very similar to a b10s much better price as well.

#6 missin44

missin44

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:52 AM

Thanks all!