Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

thanks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 swampsinger

swampsinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:04 PM

A tip of the hat to members of this Forum. I made good use of tips, information, and fly patterns found here. They added positively to my trip to Florida. I managed to catch Ladyfish, Spotted sea trout, Snook, Mangrove snapper, Spanish mackerel, Flounder, Redfish, Gafftopsail catfish, Pompano, Silver perch, Bluefish, Lizard fish, Whiting, Pinfish, Jack crevalle. I had twenty fish days in Rookery bay,and off Crystal River, Bird creek and Cedar key. The area I enjoyed the most was St George Island, I spent 4 days wading the flats on the bay side. Top flies were the Clouser, Seaducer, and Glass Minnow type of streamer  all copied off this site.

That's me wearing boots and waders to the beach.

Attached File  IMG_0020 (2).JPG   213.22KB   0 downloads

#2 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,755 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:16 PM

Outstanding !!!  Such a list of fish !!!

Now, don't tell anyone else about how great it was, so they won't want to come here !!!

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#3 caloosa bug

caloosa bug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:12 PM

Nice! Sounds like an awesome trip. 

#4 islander727

islander727

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:40 AM

Great to hear you had a successful trip!

And, don't worry Mike, he said

I had twenty fish days in Rookery bay,and off Crystal River, Bird creek and Cedar key. The area I enjoyed the most was St George Island

so our spots are safe.  For the time being.