Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Sage RPL 10ft 7wt

Rods%202016%20002_zps6argvpso.jpg

Rods%202016%20003_zpsbxdbzwxw.jpg

Rods%202016%20006_zpsvihvuvuc.jpg

Rods%202016%20007_zpsebhcnocn.jpg

One job as a custom rod shop that is never fun is stripping and redoing someone else's work. It's just always a pain to put in lots of labor just to get down to a starting point to rebuild.But it has to be done when someone requests it so that's what we did with this rod. This is a SAGE RPL 10ft 7wt that came in with some serious issues. The previous builder reamed the grip ID so big it was moving all around, guide spacing was quite a bit off where it needed to be, stripper guides were way undersized, and on top of that the wraps were almost a pinkish color. So stripped it down to the bare blank, turned a set of our custom burl cork grip & matching butt for it, new proper sized guides, put the snake guides where they belong, and wrapped it up in some nice dark green and gold trim. Topped off with a custom matching sock and O-ring sealed tube and it's a completely different rod for this angler now.

Nice job Steve. Gotta say when I saw a 2 piece ten foot Sage rod I started scratching my head until I read what the mission was.