Fly Tying

The commute from Orlando is a killer. So, no I haven't.

Welcome to the site, though !!!

Never been that far north in MO fishing but it looks like a not very wide lake or wide river section with a dam and tailwaters section. What part do you fish and is stocked fish with carryovers like most of the tailwater rivers in MO and AR are? Sure looks like pretty country though with good river access at least in the widened section above the dam.

I live in Mexico,MO and have fished it many times over the years. For up to date reports check out Weavers weekly posts during the season.

Biggest problem with Bennett is it gets too crowded especially during the summer. I tend to go during the week before school is out and again in the fall and during the winter C&R season.

Where are you from Crappie killer?

wow that looks like so much fun. the peace and solitude of angling.

In Pennsylvania, all those jokers on the low-head dam would get a hefty fine. (not that I agree with the regulation, just sayin')

It almost looks like the Yellow Breeches here on any weekend.

For everyone not familiar with the place, those photos are from opening day and don't represent the rest of the year well. Bennett Springs is a put-and-take trout park. The water there is a spring fed stream, not a tailwater but they carry over fish through the fall and winter. The whole stream stretch is accessible and there are different sections that have different regulations; fly only, fly and lure only, bait only. The MO trout parks are fun to fish and can be challenging at times.

Ah that brings back memories. The first salmon runs in Michigan UP streams. The closes holes to Duluth in spring steelhead runs. The walleye fishing at some of the hotspots in MN on opener. It was rather amazing how often we could find great fishing and limited crowds just by getting away from the community holes on lakes or rivers.

For those familiar with the "Driftless Area" of southern Wisconsin, parts of MN and even IA, they would do huge stockings of primarily rainbow leading into opening weekend. Every run of water alongside the roads and easily accessible would look like that on opener, then within a couple of weeks even weekends gave you plenty of solitude. Understand I'm talking 30-40 years ago there and can't guarantee conditions today.

ps...edit to add that that answers my question about fishing above or below the dam. LOL