Fly Tying
netabrookie

Safety Pin Swap

Since the subject of flies tied on safety pins was brought up in the tying bench I thought that I would see if anyone is interested in doing another safety pin swap. It could be anything that you care to tie and we could even open it up to any type of pin or anything that could be used as a decorative piece. If this swap takes off then we will limit it to 12 swappers. Everyone will need to send their flies, or should I say "pins", with the proper postage including a stamped return envelope. Toe tags with your forum name and your real name makes sorting much easier and also allows the other swappers to be able to identify who tied what. A due date of November 30 should give us plenty of time to be creative. If you join the swap please honor the due date and allow time for shipping so the pins will arrive before or on the due date instead of just being sent out on or after the due date. For some reason I cannot get my PayPal account to work so I really don't know what to do about postage for international swappers but if you live across the big pond or in the far north maybe we can figure out something. If anyone out there in fly tie land feels like straying away from lashing fur and feathers on hooks just say "I'm in"

1. netabrookie-SM-cricket

2. Josephcsylvia

3. Breambuster-received

4. Rich mc -received

5. Adam Saarinen -received

6. Riffleriversteelheadslayer-received

7. PJ2

8. Joseph Russell -received

9. Rex W -received

10.Pica-received

11.Add147-received

12. djtrout-received

SWAP IS FULL

I've never tried tying one before. But I think I'll give it a shot. Netabrookie, are you going to tie a Parachute Dry Fly in the smallest safety pin you can find? Just curious about what you're going to come up with. Or better yet, how about a parmachene belle?

BB

I can't find any safety pins with barbs, so I can't get in on this one.

That's not really the reason I can't join ... but I thought you'd get a kick out of it, Tony.

Artimus001, I am glad that you joined

Breambuster, I am glad that you joined also. I will make a deal with you...I will tie the Parmachene Belle if you will tie the Jock Scott.

Mike, there is bound to be a way that we could put barbs on the safety pins...

Yeah, maybe. But, as I said, it's not really the reason.

I've got to many "life situations" going on right now to commit time to a swap.

Paul, it's good to hear from you. I thought that we would do it like a regular swap and tie 12. That is if the swap fills up and if not then we can tie however many that there is swappers.

im not sure what this saftey pin swap is about. Is the idea to tie a fly on a saftey pin? If so I assume that they are decorative and not functional. please elaborate i think id like to join the swap.