Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Rob_Laidlaw

Hi all from the UK.

Hi everyone, Rob here from Southampton in the UK, I have been tying on and off since about 1991 but only tend to tie what I need to fish with or replace in my box, mainly Damsels, Royal Wulff, apps bloodworms, CDC Caddis nymph and Pheasant tailed nymphs.

I used to fish the river Test quite a lot but mainly still waters now, tried my hand at Salmon for a season on the Avon but no luck, have just got back into fly fishing and tying after a break of a few years lure fishing for Bass.

I look forward to reading posts on the forum and interacting where I can.

Yours.

Rob.

Welcome to the site, Rob.

I am a "weird" one on this site. I tie for my fishing, so rarely tie new patterns. I don't collect materials or tools. smile.png

When I read your post here, I was thinking you were like me. dry.png

But then I read your other posts, and realize your like the other junkies on this site ... buying and tying and collecting like there's no tomorrow !!! wink.png

Glad to have you on board. biggrin.png

Welcome Rob from Caithness. The same Rob Laidlaw I've seen some bass articles from??

This forums great for bringing on your skills and there is a huge knowledge base for all types of fluff chucking.

Hi Piker, where have you seen the Bass articles? I thought they were all deleted when I got banned from the Lure Forum for daring a mod to ban me and he did, I have never gone back.

I stopped lure fishing a few years ago after having a stroke and went back to fly fishing for excersise as its safer than rock hopping.

Hi Piker, where have you seen the Bass articles? I thought they were all deleted when I got banned from the Lure Forum for daring a mod to ban me and he did, I have never gone back.

I stopped lure fishing a few years ago after having a stroke and went back to fly fishing for excersise as its safer than rock hopping.

Oh it will have been years back. Names stick with me, unfortunately I struggle to put name to face or place or why so normally have a vague look of acknowledgement.