Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dryfly purist

The river, the forest and the light.......

Mike.... I thought you were the guy that didn't like color, or did I get it wrong. Actually black is a color, when you think about it. I for one prefer Casablanca in B&W, rather than colorized.

Mike.... I thought you were the guy that didn't like color, or did I get it wrong. Actually black is a color, when you think about it. I for one prefer Casablanca in B&W, rather than colorized.

No, I am the guy who rarely likes a B&W photo. Terje has done some that are ... okay ... but I much prefer his color shots.

I don't care much for B&W era movies, period. So watching one in color doesn't even make an impression. I wouldn't be able to tell you which movies were originally in B&W.

Terje, that is amazing. Amazing isn't a good enough word to describe what you have captured in this photograph but it is the only one that come to mind. You have shared some incredible pictures with everyone but I think this is maybe my favorite. I don't need or want color to enjoy the beauty seen here. Color is great on some subjects but black and white photography, in my opinion, captures the light and dark aspects of things without the distractions of color. Very, very well done!

Take Care Terje,

Tony

I can't resist commenting on the black and white verses color movies. I love the old black and white movies very much. That was when the actors actually had to act and the movies had a good plot. I'm not saying that I don't like modern movies because I do, but there is so much special effects today that makes an otherwise bad movie tolerable because there is exciting explosions and computer animation that makes the impossible believable. I love old war movies and shows in black and white but I do have to admit that a bridge blowing up or a flaming Zero spiraling from the sky is very cool in color. I don't think Gone With The Wind would have been as dramatic in black and white but It's A Wonderful Life wouldn't have been as good to me in color.

There was a reason Casablanca and others were called "film noir"

And fortunately, not everyone likes the same "art".

Terje and I have had these discussions on B&W vs. color photographs before. He took a hint on one of them (HINT HINT) and posted the same photo in color for comparison.

Maybe (HINT HINT) he'll do so again.

Thanks a lot to each and everyone of you for your kind comments :-) :-)

I will not go into a discussion about black&white vs colour photos, so i will only say that to develop as a photographer i find both very interesting and not to mention that a b/w photo will always challenge how to master the light.

Nevertheless i will still challenge myself when it comes to photo and it would be absolutely wrong to not explore both b/w and colour photos. That is just the way it is :-) :-)

Thanks again guys :-)

Terje