Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Lots of work in the bonsai garden

Only bad thing about being gone on vacation for 2 weeks is that the weeds take over the garden. Spent the past 3 days pulling weeds and working on the bonsai garden literally 6-8hrs each day. Finally all back in shape with weeds all gone and shrubs all trimmed and shaped. Also found a pair of large pots at a yard sale last month and didn't know what to do with them. So today I cleaned them up and flipped the bottom one mounting the top one to the flipped one making a huge vase shape. Then sank some blocks into the ground for a platform and replanted my 5 tree spruce bonsai forest into it. Next spring there are plans to dig about a 600-700g pond further back since the Koi are now closing in on a foot long.

tXhWHG.jpg
j1VCw7.jpg
u69ZQA.jpg
gJ11YK.jpg
zhozxW.jpg
2kRlbK.jpg
WjjMA6.jpg
EvqA1D.jpg
XS2tXZ.jpg
HVCFu7.jpg
i3pnva.jpg
dTdovi.jpg
FAHzio.jpg
gWrBN3.jpg
vZP9TQ.jpg
nf1ADt.jpg
i9jq5r.jpg
1RaeN0.jpg

Stunning, Steve. Truly stunning!

I absolutely love the Bonsai. They are epitome of dedication and husbandry.

I saw that space during the dry, cold weather of late Winter ... and I have a hard time remembering that actual space. It looks like a completely different yard.

Beautiful.

I really like the koi. Neat fish. I had some in my little pond by my sidewalk and a snake came and ate them all. The snake tried to bit me and that was the end of the snake. Anyway, I like the personality of koi and the tranquility they bring.