Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Free to a good home

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#76 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:26 PM

Hi all, I just got back from Africa late last night. The trip was great.

Mike W, I did get your stuff and it's all very nice. Thank you very much. Now I am well armed for my up-coming trip to the upper NW (Spokane area) for bass and pan fish. Not sure what serious health issues you might be talking about. My health is fine even if my mind is not. Thanks for your concern though.

Also thanks to Bill Bailey, I am now well dubbed and waxed. Thanks

And to Ray Crawford, the stuff arrived in time for my trip, everything looks great. Thank you very much. Very sorry to hear about your Mom. My condolences.

#77 DFoster

DFoster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:33 PM

Welcome back Mark!

And you thought golf was frustrating-

#78 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:35 PM

Thanks D

#79 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:07 PM

Thanks Tim for the great package of feathers, horse tail hair, died lama hair, cat gut etc.

#80 TIER

TIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:36 PM

Hey, Mr. Knapp! If you sent me some rabbit strips, a few size 4 hooks, and deer hair (or anything that can flare easily.) I'll whip up a few multi-hook saltwater flies. And by the way, did you fish in Africa? If so, then what fish did you catch? Welcome back!

#81 brooktrout308

brooktrout308

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:05 PM

Hi Mark,

I'm probably a day late and a dollar short on reading your post but if you have any Moose Body Hair I sure would appreciate a little piece. Ed  

#82 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:50 PM

Hey, Mr. Knapp! If you sent me some rabbit strips, a few size 4 hooks, and deer hair (or anything that can flare easily.) I'll whip up a few multi-hook saltwater flies. And by the way, did you fish in Africa? If so, then what fish did you catch? Welcome back!

Thanks for the offer on the flies Tier, I enjoy tying so much, I wouldn't let you do it for me. I did fish in Africa for about 15 minutes, it was in a stock pond, I felt like it was just to appease me and everyone else in the two trucks were just waiting for me to get it out of my system so I just bagged it. Didn't get to actually fish.

#83 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:51 PM

Hi Mark,

I'm probably a day late and a dollar short on reading your post but if you have any Moose Body Hair I sure would appreciate a little piece. Ed  

Still have lots of moose hair Ed, PM me your addy and I will send it out.

#84 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:55 PM

I'd take a little bit of everything!! Just started tying flies and I'm addicted!! I will have some turkey & pheasent feathers this fall to send if you want

Did we ever connect? If not, PM me your addy and I will send you some stuff.

#85 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:59 PM

Just got back from the Blade show in Atlanta, best show ever.

Also, a small mouth/blue gill trip in the Spokane area. Mike West, you're poppers were a huge success there, thanks a lot. The best combo. was a popper with a beaded San Juan Worm dropper.

We didn't catch anything huge but we got some smallies up to about a pound and some hand size blue gills. Pictures after I get a chance to go through them.

#86 TIER

TIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 03:47 PM

Do you still have deer hair? And Lynx would be awesome. I could give you wolf and fox fur in return. I'll send you pics if you are inrested.

#87 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:08 PM

Do you still have deer hair? And Lynx would be awesome. I could give you wolf and fox fur in return. I'll send you pics if you are inrested.

I still have lots of deer hair, no lynx though. Stop by on your next trip to Fairbanks and you are welcomed to have some. I have lots of fox and wolf, thank you though.

#88 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:43 PM

Thanks Ed, the flies look really nice.

Fshn2 thank you very much for all the stuff.

Look what he did to the mountain goat I sent him.

DSCF3997-XL.jpg

Amazing. Thanks fshn2.

#89 fshng2

fshng2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:24 PM

You are welcome Mark...happy tying!

#90 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:16 PM

Got an evelope in the mail today from Joe Herndon, Thanks Joe, I appreciate it.