Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

June Flies From the Vise

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#106 dogfacedoc

dogfacedoc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:49 AM

A couple of Congo hair fishy boys, feeling out the FTD materials I got the other day.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190629_165959.jpg
  • 20190629_162415.jpg

#107 caloosa bug

caloosa bug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:09 AM

A couple streamers from last night. #1 owner and a #4 gama

Attached Thumbnails

• 51542513-7AD5-447E-80F0-269441B88EBB.jpeg

#108 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:30 AM

Thanks, Joe. 

Once I'm allowed back out for fishing, I'm going to test those two.  If they float like I hope they do (think mini-Rapala), then I'll sort the colors and make some with a little more ... intent. wink.png

Why not just put them in some water and see if they float.

#109 Noahguide

Noahguide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 01:46 PM

A set of Craven's two bit hookers. Going in the mail Monday.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190630_113754.jpg

#110 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,562 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 04:10 PM

Why not just put them in some water and see if they float.

1.  I've seen too many pictures of people doing that, and almost every response is, "It'll float differently on the end of the line in fishing situations." or something similar.

2.  More importantly ... where's the fun in that?  I'm going to tie one on a fish it.  If it floats, great!  If it does or doesn't, but gets hits from fish, even better!

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#111 Rokas

Rokas

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:11 AM

I know it's not June but this little fly was fished in June during my recent trip to Slovenia and worked incredibly well for the local rainbows. As soon as I came back, we had a sit down and filmed a video to share our best pattern with the community, the CDC Hare's Ear: https://www.youtube....h?v=CUgZhbgk2LE