Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
jhammer

Not stubborn, but perhaps a little bullheaded?

My buddy and I took his boat to some backwaters on the Auglaize River yesterday. It was a little bit chilly out actually, but the bite was on! A lot of folks from around here think I'm nuts for tackling the waters around here with a fly rod. The waters are like chocolate milk in some places, whether high or low. But, if you don't give up and you can find some fish, the warmwater action is great! I caught a ton of these guys yesterday. Popular fly was once again, the panfish charlie.

post-32910-0-59957700-1308988050_thumb.jpg

There's a saying among some of the folks I know who fish, that "any pullage is good"! Looks like you're doing just fine. Let those others think you're nuts! Maybe that will give you more water to fish, without them in the way! Ignorance is bliss! :lol:

Anyone who tells that bull on the fly is nuts.... Hasnt caught any on the fly. Bullhead put up a fantastic fight. Makes me green with envy. :D

Anyone who tells that bull on the fly is nuts.... Hasnt caught any on the fly. Bullhead put up a fantastic fight. Makes me green with envy. :D

The ones I caught were pretty chunky little fish! I had my 8wt because the area has oodles of big carp in it. I was surprised by how much bend a nice bullhead could put on my 8. It felt pretty good to get into some again.