Fly Tying
breambuster

October 2014 Swap Club

If you are already in the Swap Club and are willing to continue until the end of the year, let me know here. The theme is any fly that incorporates an Orange colored material.

Thanks

BB

1. Breambuster - Swapmeister - Humbug

2. Jolly Red - Mini Foam Poppers - Received

3. Crackleback - Received

4. J-Kno - Garcia's Mini-Hot - Received

5. Netabrookie - Halloween Hookers. (Tied with FISH net stocking material, & hair from a LONG blonde wig!) - Received

6. Add147 - Beginning In November

7. Border Collies - OTW

8. Kennebec12 - Orange Soft Hackle - Received

9. Fishingbobnelson - Received

10. Joseph Russell - OTW

11. IMX - Received

12. Vicrider - Received

13. Mcgx2 - AuSable Wulff - Received

BB, I am still in the swap. What has happened this swap? I am kind of confused about the postings for September swap in the August post, and now the August post asking if we are still having a swap?

Sorry, just read the other post, and now have an idea of what is going on.

I PM'd Riff about a week ago saying I wanted to drop out. I think I will stay with that decision.

I think me and breambuster are the only two to be in it from the very beginning back in 2011. It'd be silly to quit now, so I'll finish off the last three months.

-Mike

I've begun a new roster at the end of the initial post. We are going to have to ask for new swappers to join and we may end up with a smaller number of swappers from here on in. I'm going to wait a little while to see how many drop out at this point and how many are going to stay with us before I ask for new volunteers.

Take care

BB

Jolly Red, Crackleback, J-Know & Netabrookie; I appreciate you guys hanging in there with us. Hopefully we will hear from others throughout the day. We are probably going to have at least 4 spots open so if you know of anyone who might be interested, you might give them a heads-up to be looking for an open enrollment period. I'm not taking any new members yet until I get some idea of how many of the current members are going to continue, but I'm sure we are going to have some openings.

BB

I'll stay to see how it goes. I have this condition; Flies go out the first of the month following the due date. Late flies get returned to sender. There is no excuse for sending flies a month late, especially when you already know what you are supposed to tie. If you can't tie 12 flies in three weeks you shouldn't be in this swap.

OK, Fishingbobnelson, and I agree. I will send a notice to anyone who misses the due date and if the flies aren't in the mail, I will return that set to the swapper & the rest of the flies will be sent on to those who got theirs in on time. I agree that there is no excuse for being a month late. My flies for the September swap are going in the mail today and I told everyone before the due date that they were going to be a couple of days late. I think this is the first time, ever, that I have been this late. But life happens to all of us. Glad to have you with us, Bob.