Fly Tying
dryfly purist

Sunset in winterwonderland......

Even prettier than the last one. Look at all those footprints! Captured forever in a photo. Lake looks cold Brrrrrrr!

Even prettier than the last one. Look at all those footprints! Captured forever in a photo. Lake looks cold Brrrrrrr!

Thanks a lot, FlaFly :-)

It´s cold alright :-)

Terje

Um ... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'd really like to enjoy this one, but there's NO warmth in it at all ... to my eyes.

Just ... freakin' ... BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!

Gives me a chill when I look at it.

Terje,

You have done it again. What is there to say? I tip my hat to the master. Just simply awesome.

I like it, but the last one tops it IMO. And really no footprints would have been awesome. Still a great shot, just sayin.

Very nice, most people dont understand how hard it is to not blow out snow! Well done

I'm not sure how he works but exposure becomes much easier with an incidence meter, shooting in the right light from the right direction as well. I used to use one in wedding photography all the time. Years ago it was my only means because my medium format cameras had no meters in them. it was incidence meter or memory/experience. When I went digital I still read light that way in tricky scenes. Course early digital had no dynamic range to speak of, maybe about like slide film. Today's cameras got that covered. Non the less, the OP is doing great on exposure how ever he is getting there !

Terje-

Great photo! As Dave G stated, exposure of snow can be problematic. But another potential issue is white balance. You did an impressive work in managing both.

Thanks for posting.

Bill

Thanks a lot guys for your kind comments :-) :-)

I got to do something to shorten the winter so i guess getting out with the camera is some kind of therapy :-) :-)

Terje

That brings up a question: when I take my camera out of the house into cold outdoors, the lens is all fogged up. In your case it would be covered with a sheet of ice I guess. How do you precool you camera so it doesn't get wet inside? Or is that an issue at -20C?

That brings up a question: when I take my camera out of the house into cold outdoors, the lens is all fogged up. In your case it would be covered with a sheet of ice I guess. How do you precool you camera so it doesn't get wet inside? Or is that an issue at -20C?

Strangely enough i have´nt had any problems with that so far :-) :-)

Terje

LOL You need moisture in the air for condensation. I am not sure how low the temperature has to be, but at some point, there's 0 humidity.