Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
blaminack

My new Shrimp experiment.

Here is a pattern that I am working on. I have eliminated the Dumbbell eyes and went to wrapping lead wire under the thickest part of the body. Between the legs, antennae and tail it sinks up right and slower than you would expect. That prototype got bit off by a Spanish Mackerel.

post-46025-0-73659000-1398049940_thumb.jpg

I can tell you the fly looks great in person, also saw the article in skiff life, great job Bill!

http://www.skifflife.com/681522/bill-laminacks-first-fred-hannie-lifelike-shrimp-bait/

I've got the boat loaded and ready to go to CIS this morning, will give you a call when I get home to let you know about all the pompano I'm going to catch.

How did you do Saturday?

What am I missing? That is a great looking shrimp ... should be in the Realistic Flies section. However, you said you've eliminated the dumbbell eyes, but it's clearly on that fly.

I'll assume that the picture ISN'T the prototype that was bitten off.

Can you send me 3 or 4 dozen on ice. I like them boiled.

What am I missing? That is a great looking shrimp ... should be in the Realistic Flies section. However, you said you've eliminated the dumbbell eyes, but it's clearly on that fly.

The one that was bitten off was the one with the newest revisions. This was the first version. The new ones look the same but with internal weighting rather than the dumb bells.

The one that was bitten off was the one with the newest revisions. This was the first version. The new ones look the same but with internal weighting rather than the dumb bells.

Got it. I figured that, but just needed confirmation. I will repeat ... That is a great looking shrimp, and I want to see a picture of the internally weighted one.