Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

Kayaking the Medina River

The Medina river was filled with fish, beautiful, and had amazing structure. It had the makings of what could have been an amazing day fishing! And I know we would have caught tons of fish if the water temps weren't so low. We had a cold front come in 2 days prior and stayed for the weekend, so there was not much chance of that water being warm enough to get the bass to strike. They just were not interested at all. But we saw lots of fish. In fact I was very surprised at how many fish we could see. Catfish, bass, carp, panfish, and shad. All of which were schooling thick, but none would eat. In a way it was a frustrating day, just watching fish not pay attention to your fly, and some scattering at the slightest kerplunk of the fly hitting the water. However we did get a few, and had a nice time just kayaking around. It really is a beautiful river, and very enjoyable to kayak. I will be returning to try my hand at the Medina once again.

Hardly even recognize ya without the beard.

I lost a lot of weight as well. 40lbs in the last 5 months. Still trying to figure out whats going on with my health. In and out of doctors. But its nice to get out on the river and do some fishing when I can.

Good looking stretch of water. I hope you're concerns for your health are unfounded and everything is good to go.

Good looking stretch of water. I hope you're concerns for your health are unfounded and everything is good to go.

Thanks Mike. Yeah its beautiful water there. Spring and summer should produce some nice bass. As for my health, doctor found I was diabetic, so I had to change my diet. Some other issues are still arising, so Ive got some scheduled endoscopy and other end oscopy next month. Hopefully that comes out clean as well. Ive been doing what I can though, line eating more probiotic foods. In fact I got into fermenting my own veggies, and making sauerkraut, as the doctor said I should have more probiotics no matter what the outcome of the tests are. Im sure Ill be fine.

The change in diet due to diabetic is for sure part of the weight lose most likely. My brother in law just went through some major diabetic issues this year and after they changed his diet he has dropped about 35-40lbs as well because of it. Hope the tests come back clean for ya.

... other end oscopy next month. Hopefully that comes out clean as well.

If you drink the stuff they give you for that ... it WILL come out clean. wacko.png

I hope it also shows you're healthy, as well. wink.png

... other end oscopy next month. Hopefully that comes out clean as well.

If you drink the stuff they give you for that ... it WILL come out clean. wacko.png

I hope it also shows you're healthy, as well. wink.png

Haha! Yeah that stuff is awful. I had to have this procedure done 15 years ago, and Im not looking forward to it. Lol! Anyway. I went and fished this river again and caught a really nice sunfish. Larger than my hand. Ill put that video out next week.