Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

I improved it, I think....

Hopefully you guys saw my video on the large “Texas sized” grasshopper. If not, then watch it here... https://youtu.be/sOnY-HqOV6Y This hopper was created for bass and is a very large hopper pattern. My first video on this fly was a popular video gaining many views quickly, however I’ve improved on this fly, so I want to share with you the new and improved version now. I added a foam wing case and used bucktail instead of elk hair to make the underwing longer. I also added some red rubber legs to mimic the red in the flies legs. This hopper pattern is going to do amazing here in south Texas catching the large and aggressive bass. There aren't many dry flies specifically able to target bass out there, other than say a popper. And I really do think this will end up being one of my go to bass flies. It floats so well, that I can drop a streamer under it with some light split shot. It really is almost unsinkable.

Here is a list of all the materials I used on this fly, and links to where you can purchase them.
Hook : Risen streamer 300 size 6
Thread : Veevus 140 in brown
Hook wrap : Gold chenille
Body : 2mm foam in gold and brown
Legs : Jig skirt replacements
Flash : Gold krystal flash
Wing : Bleached elk hair
Adhesive : Brush on superglue
Marker : Brown sharpie