Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
High and Dry

Greetings from the Southwest!

New member here.......just started fly fishing last year but most of my fishing experience was when I was younger growing up in the Midwest. Since moving to AZ in 1988, my fishing time dwindled drastically due to job, kids and life.....Now that I'm closer to retirement and kids in college, my wife and I have more time to had to the mountains to cool down in the summer. I fish for rainbow, brown and Apache trout in the mountain lakes and Little CO river. At first I thought I would just buy my flies, but have changed my mind as I like to make things and have always liked the feeling of accomplishment looking at the end result. I also live near the Salt River and hope to start fishing it regularly every winter. My first goal is to select a vise (only want to buy one that will last and I'll be happy with under $200) and am currently considering

Peak, Regal, Renzatti and Griffin. Thanks, Dave

Welcome,

I to got Back to fishing after being away for awhile, it was in 98.

All the vises you list are good. My opinion from your list would be a Griffin Spyder. True rotary and less then $130. May find them less then $100.

Welcome to the addiction. I use a renzetti and have had no problems with it in 1 1/2 years I have owned it. All those listed are good. Looking back I was concerned about its cost but now its like a penny versus a dollar when I look at the hooks and materials I have accumulated over time. Dont worry too much on cost but do put thoughts in its use ability and think of future projects you might tie

Once again welcome to the site and most importantly enjoy the sport/hobby.

Welcome to the forum, I use a Renzetti traveler I got on eBay, got a great deal no complaints