Fly Tying

Hey all, just a newbie in the fly tying world, building the skills set and techniques one fly at a time, experimenting with patterns for smallmouth that eat just about anything. Looking to meet and learn from others with similar afflictions. I have been hooked on fly fishing for a few years (wading and kayaking), and got bit by the tying bug within the past year as well. I fish NJ, NY, CT, PA and other locales when I need to reset to the natural rhythm of life.

I too catch a lot of "smallies," but by that I mean small fish. Haven't seen a small mouth bass since I left PA for Florida in 2012. Welcome to the addiction.

Welcome to the site. Smallies are my favorite fish to catch. I fish mainly SE PA for them. Most of the creeks and rivers have them. Haven't done much fishing in NJ in recent years. I get up to VT a couple of times a year and prefer them over trout.

Welcome,

Here in Lafayette Indiana it's mostly smallies and bluegill. I do love my yearly trips to Wisconsin for trout.

Greetings to smalliechaser and all Smallmouth fanatics. Smallmouth saved my sanity after leaving the saltwater thing and my Redfish addiction. They may not be as big but there is NO quit in a smallmouth as it is not in their vocabulary, thank God.