Fly Tying
pica

Mother Day Drifting Caddis Swap

Lets do a Caddis fly swap for Mothers Day. The only rules other than the standard swap rules are these: It must float and it must be representative of a caddis. Dry flies, emergers, surface film flies etc are fine. Lets shoot for May 8 as a fitting due date for the Mothers Day caddis hatch.

1. Pica, Henrys Fork Caddis Done

2. fishingbobnelson, Nelson's Caddis Received

3. stabgnid, Best Elk Hair Caddis Received

4. Decisions, Rough Water Caddis Received

5. jmckaughan, Hackle Irish Caddis Recieved

6. tyler94.tbd

7. add147, tbd Received

8. Jolly Red, tbd Received

9. Chris_NH, tbd

10.vicrider, "Europe's famous two batt-ry swimming caddis" recieved

11.jjs89yj, tbd Recieved

12.flytire, tbd Received

SWAP IS FULL Thanks everyone.

Thanks guys you're all signed up, we need three more and the swap is full. Decisions, please review the swap rules sticky post, Self addressed stamped return envelope, toe tags on the flies please. I'm looking forward to seeing some great caddis patterns from ya'll.

I'll play your silly game. I'll do the famous in Europe "Swimming Caddis". It requires those small hearing aid batteries for power but I'll provide the first two batteries. Two batteries should keep it swimming through a weekend of fishing if currents aren't too violent, making it use more power to go upstream.

I'll play your silly game. I'll do the famous in Europe "Swimming Caddis". It requires those small hearing aid batteries for power but I'll provide the first two batteries. Two batteries should keep it swimming through a weekend of fishing if currents aren't too violent, making it use more power to go upstream.

Well I look forward to seeing those flies my friend! A fly that'll float two batteries now that must be some dressing!!!.

Well I look forward to seeing those flies my friend! A fly that'll float two batteries now that must be some dressing!!!.

I know the fly. It represents the Godzilla Caddis. It's made out of lots of craft foam in size 1/0. Only downside to this great fly is that you need to fish it on a 9wt or larger. ;)