9ft 5wt Shx complete package

QH9Np9.jpg
WmnGky.jpg
lJ3RE8.jpg
2QvtzI.jpg
xUmR6T.jpg
FNeb23.jpg
MC0y6y.jpg

First off Mike please avert your eyes, we wouldn't want you to go into "Blue Overload" and start kissing the screen of anything lol

This is a complete package for a customer that is just getting into fly fishing. It's a 9' 5wt Shx titanium color blank with a beautiful piece of hand turned curly poplar wood set in nickle silver BUL5 hardware. Grip has various burl corks with the checkerboard center customer requested as well as some blue matching accents. Wraps are Royal blue with metallic ice blue trim and spiral overwraps ending in some thin inner wraps on the inside of the snake guides. Topped off with a A.R.E large arbor reel, SA line, backing and Cabela's rod tube.

As much as I hate "texting vernacular" ... O.M.G. !!!!!!

You need to put that (avert your eyes) warning ABOVE the pictures, not after !!!

You can let your customer know, if he ends up not liking fly fishing ... he's got a buyer for the fly rod !!!

Love this! Beautiful rod. So those blue spacers in the cork, what is that? Can you do that with any other colors? Are they harder than cork, like over time will they stick out while cork gets warn down with use? I am very interested in those for my next build with you! Also, love the buffalo penny on the bottom. Is that something easy for you to do? I would love that on my next one as well? can you use any coin? Or is that something that you buy for the rod (not just a coin you stick in there). Great looking rod, awesome build!

The colored accents in grips I do I use a thin craft foam for so it comes in all sorts of colors. No worries about any wearing at all once it's turned and sanded flush with the cork. The coin's you see on some of my rods are actually coat buttons from fabric stores. I like to use those because they look like coins but they are much lighter plus they have a slight curve to them since they are buttons so they contour to the fighting butt nicely.

The colored accents in grips I do I use a thin craft foam for so it comes in all sorts of colors. No worries about any wearing at all once it's turned and sanded flush with the cork. The coin's you see on some of my rods are actually coat buttons from fabric stores. I like to use those because they look like coins but they are much lighter plus they have a slight curve to them since they are buttons so they contour to the fighting butt nicely.

Thats cool! So I have a new build in mind. When I get some money saved up I'm contacting you about it. First though is going to be my backpacking rod. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you, I've had a lot of stuff going on lately, stuff that wiped out all my savings and time. Just trying to get back to trending water now. But when I get back on dry land I will contact you about another rod build. Your beautiful work has given me some awesome idea's. But this time I think I will just tell you my idea's, then let you do what you know best, no more of the 100 emails back and fourth. HAHA Just let you be the artist you are, and I am positive I will be as happy, or even happier then when I get nitpicky! HAHA