Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Float Tube Replacment Parts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pujic

Pujic

Browns? Where?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 10:26 AM

Hey guys,

I have a Gunnison Trout Unlimited edition float tube and I love it, however I fear it may have a slow air leak somewhere. I was wondering, with this being my first and only float tube to date, are replacement bladders available or am I going to have to look for a new one?

I am going to try to find the leak and fix it if I can but if wost comes to worst I would like to know what I am looking at. Thanks in advance,

Nick

Canadian Fly Fisher - Canada's Leading Fly Fishing Magazine
http://www.canflyfish.com

#2 cornmuse

cornmuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 12:32 PM

I have an old Buck's float tube and I managed to get a new bladder for $28 about two years ago. The local fly shop ordered it for me - I'm sure if you google Gunnison Float Tube you'll find dealers with replacement bladders.

Joe C.
"Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit,
and resign yourself to the influences of each."
- Henry David Thoreau

Visit Fly Fish Ohio for great fly fishing and fly tying articles, the "Adventures in Fly Tying" monthly video podcast and the "Adventures in Fly Fishing" monthly audio podcast. The Midwest isn't a place you fly over to get to good fishing - it's right here in our own backyards.

Think globally - fish locally.

#3 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:59 PM

The Gunnison is manufactured by Classic Accessories.

Try this: http://206.129.99.16...l1=5913&l2=7172

Most fishermen use the double haul to throw their casting mistakes further - Lefty Kreh

#4 wayne SW/MO

wayne SW/MO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 11:43 AM

You can probably find the leak by putting the tube in the bathtub. Before I did this I would use some soapy water around the valve/valves. many leaks, if they are very small holes, can be fixed with Duct tape. Use a hair dryer to gently heat the PVC, apply, an American high quality, Duct tape and heat it.
Taney County, Missouri

#5 Pujic

Pujic

Browns? Where?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 11:52 AM

Thanks guys. I'm going to try and wrestle the bladder into the tub this weekend and fix 'er up if possible. The leak wasn't very significant, but it's noticable.

Thanks for the link flytire. Has anyone every used the Togiak tube? Any opinions?
Cheers,

Nick

Canadian Fly Fisher - Canada's Leading Fly Fishing Magazine
http://www.canflyfish.com

#6 wildcatwick

wildcatwick

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:00 PM

You will want to talk to a Cathy there. Keep notes of time and date called and people talked to. They are awful. They screwed up my shipment order 3 times. I needed oars. I finaly kept a shorter set and they sent me the proper set. So now I have an extra pair. But it took a couple of months to get them and this was during the season mad.gif Good luck