Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Rats

Any rat throwing in here? Targeting LMB or reds thatll eat anything....

Talking about strange things found in fish stomachs. One was nutria in a redfish! :shock:

http://shorethingcharters.com/2013/12/08/pulled-a-baby-rat-out-of-a-bull-reds-belly/

After lil thought I came up with the soon to be infamous BabyNutterRatFly! :lol: Revisited....Deer hair, sued leather, plastic bead eyeballs, rubber whiskers, 7/0 hook.

IMG_4405.jpg

IMG_4403.jpg

Lotta different styles in the catalogs. Might try some of the foam ones like the Mr. Hankey.

32-D21109-7-F19-40-D8-ACB8-6-F51-CE49-BD

Or the Satowskis Headbanging Mouse

BEF2-AD44-617-E-4281-9-F9-F-A2-E3-F4-CEE

Nice Denduke..that rat will probably find.a big predator fished close to the bank or near Lilly pads.

Been thinking about tying up some master splinters for bass and big trout.

I think this picture speaks a thousand words. I saw it a long time ago and never forgot it. THAT'S FRIKEN CRAZY!

post-19822-0-38151700-1582640389_thumb.jpg

Nice, Denduke. By the way, I got your package, thanks. I don't usually mess with deer hair, if I were going to tie a mouse I'd look for a foam one. Not something I usually think about when fishing for bass. Blinders firmly in place.

That trout put a dent in the mouse population.

"MASTER Splinter" from teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Don't ask why I know that, I don't know ... I've never watched it.

Splinters?

Ran across this one on BlueGill site. Foam and fur strips.

4-FF94001-0948-4-D7-E-8-DB0-745842-B13-A

I tied up a few of nearly the same fly but I left a clump of hair at the end of the tail. Mine were black body and rabbit strip. Had a smallmouth on the first cast. Probably going to make all brown and all gray ones this time around and probably use chenille for a tail.

No gray foam sheets so tried some block stuff and rabbit strips.

Whisker, eyes, ears for the audience the fish going after the v in water and underbelly.

D1-D3-BE00-8-F2-F-4723-A170-0-AA0-C0-B8-

87-C86-FCE-C358-40-E9-B575-45910-AA510-B

By far the quickest and easiest is the Splinter although I had to cut a 1/4 strip off my lil block to make it. I wrapped the rabbit around the hook below the foam instead of the strips along the side. Could work more fur into it if you wanted it fuzzier. First one I see I dont have the body long enough either, rats! The thing is all head/ears on a 4/0 hook too. Sorry for substandard tie post. Do better next time. The ones pictured must be 4mm foam.

69-DA3-C7-F-E2-F2-43-D9-AF48-F4-B1783-B5

343451-E0-8220-4-B5-B-AB13-67-A9-A24-B02