Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tctrout

Stonfo Transformer Vise

In this video, I share my newest vise, the Stonfo Transformer. This is my current favorite, primarily because of the price point, accessories that come with it, and the fact that it has three heads for differing fly types (regular, streamers, and tube flies).

As I love to say, if you ask 20 tyers which vise they prefer, you may possibly get 18 different replies! I wanted to share my thoughts on this one because I know it is tough to see many vises in person. If you have any specific questions about this vise, feel free to post here and I'll do my best to answer.

TC

nice vise .... how much to purchase one , not that i really need another one lol but hey

I agree, it's an interesting concept, very neat vise. But I can't find a price on one anywhere.

TC ... how much did you pay, or do you know what it retails at?

It's definitely a neat vise, and the place where I purchased sold out after I posted the video. Being that Stonfo is an Italian company, these are typically sold out of Europe. I've added some new links since I initially posted, and the prices are similar (though shipping is different, based on where you live).

TC

Great vice. How can it be converted to left hand? As I sit and watch the head is in the direction I need but the control's are on the wrong side for me.

Kevin

Kevin,

I've actually been asked that a couple times, and the main piece that needs converted is the screw to complete the initial tighten of the hook. After that, everything else is the same. I'll look over it and let you know if there is a way, otherwise, you can contact Stonfo and see if they know.

Good luck!

TC

Im thinking of getting one. Does anyone know if there is any play or looseness where the different arms click in?

Im thinking of getting one. Does anyone know if there is any play or looseness where the different arms click in?

There is no play in mine, which I've been tying on for nearly two years...