Fly Tying

As with all things "damaging" to the environment ... it's the fact that there are too many of us.

You can't feed the population AND satisfy conservation values at the same time.

Wow is right. Anybody who thinks it is irresponsible to let me keep more of the money that I earn is a fool and a whack job. I really hate people who think it's my duty to fund their pet causes by way of confiscation. I will be sure not to watch a second of this drivel nor will I give Patagonia one single cent of my money.

Mmmm.

Just another example of corruption and miss guided people in this world.

I watched a documentary the other day that said by the year 2050 they will be more plastic in the ocean by weight then fish.

Think about that for a minute how fkd up is that!!

That is so sad and nobody freaking cares or will do anything about it due to greed and it doesnt affect me.

I wont see it my kids might see part of it but my kids kids will definitely see all of it

Mike, maybe if you had had children, one of them would have been the one to make life on earth better, not worse. Is that possible?

What would be the point of having an earth at all if there were no people on it to appreciate it. Alarmists are crazy people.

Mike, maybe if you had had children, one of them would have been the one to make life on earth better, not worse. Is that possible?

No, I highly doubt it. I'm honest with myself, and I know I wouldn't have been the roll model to produce the next Einstein. I made sure I would father no offspring, even by accident, because I couldn't stand children, even when I was one.

What would be the point of having an earth at all if there were no people on it to appreciate it. Alarmists are crazy people.

You assume we're here for some purpose. We exist like every other life form, through a few million years of mutation and chance.

I'm no alarmist. I'm a realists who understands that the planet will go on after we've exhausted the resources we need. We need the planet, it doesn't need us.

Zero population growth will doom our debt driven fiat monetary system, that's why the government is encouraging immigration of any kind.

If you crap in your nest, you will have to live in crap. That simple. Zero sum game. However I am optimistic enough to think tech can solve the issues. I just don't know if the politics or financial realities will kick in before it is too late. Do what you can... Science is reality and it doesn't give a s#$t what we think. Don't confuse science with scientist and don't confuse political rhetoric with a useful idea. Sorry for my rant.

Mike, Sometimes children do things despite their parents. My mother and father were both smokers and drank fairly heavily. I do neither. You my have done the world a huge disfavor by not having children.smile.png

You are assuming what I am assuming. I don't think we were here for any purpose. If the world was a better place without people on it, who would know? Wildlife doesn't know anything.

I didn't say you were an alarmist, I just said that they are crazy people. I do think you are a little crazy but not an alarmist. I was talking about the alarmists in the video. Either they are crazy or they are trying to generate hype to fill their coffers. No hype, no donations.

Almost always it is hype to fill the coffers. The real problems get mark "Classified" or "Secret" soon as they are discovered.

Mike, Sometimes children do things despite their parents. My mother and father were both smokers and drank fairly heavily. I do neither. You my have done the world a huge disfavor by not having children.smile.png (1)

You are assuming what I am assuming. I don't think we were here for any purpose. If the world was a better place without people on it, who would know? Wildlife doesn't know anything. (2)

(1) If anyone remembers the original "The Shining" with Jack Nicholson ... then perhaps you'll also remember his interview for the caretaker position. He talks of how he lost his temper and grabbed his son by the arm. He'd only meant to scold him, but ended up breaking the kids arm.

I was 21 when I saw that movie ... and I KNEW that could be me. I had a quick temper when I was younger.

I already knew I didn't want kids, but when I saw that movie, it clinched it. I knew I might put a rugrat through that ... and did not I want to go to jail for doing it. Any brat I tried to raise would've been raised in a VERY dysfunctional environment.

As soon as I could, I got "fixed" so there'd be no mistakes.

Since then, I've grown ever more glad I did what I did.

(2) Animals have been on the planet for millions of years. Just because none of them "knew" they were in paradise is not a problem. Although animals aren't actually sentient, they're able to interact and "enjoy" life.

Again, they existed LONG before intelligence came into existence ... and they'll be living in paradise LONG after intelligence disappears.