Fly Tying
paxfounder

The art of Fly tying

My father is a passionate creek fisherman up near the crowsnest pass in Alberta. He likes to fish for rainbow using his own fly's. When he came up for a visit we decided to do a comedy video about fly tying.... This is what we got.

Hope you enjoy it. Just having fun with..not making fun of.... the art of fly tying.

It's great you and your Dad have such a great relationship. Cherish these moments.

I do have to admit I enjoy the smell of glue too:)

It's great you and your Dad have such a great relationship. Cherish these moments. I do have to admit I enjoy the smell of glue too:)

haha. I do.

That was brilliant....start working on episode two, your fanbase should grow quickly! I hope to see your father on the water someday soon.

Think about what your dad has seen. Looks like he's ten years or so older then me. From slide rules to YouTube.

He's got to do another one.

I loved that...LOL! It is a great idea.

How about getting together a collection of magnifying glasses and loupes to do a video on midges? It would be hillarious to see him break one of the lenses and roll around on floor looking for that size 20 hook that fell...oops, maybe that might be too close to home for some, like me LOL.

This video does look too much like my few sessions of tying with other people...I don't think we ever got one fly finnished but had lots of empty beer bottles at the end. What can i tie with a bottle?

Seen this on another forum ... I still think it's great. But I have to have some sympathy for the ol' guy ... the videographer sucks, all that switching from one camera to the other.

And I love the censoring ... just missing the actual curse.

Ha ha ... once again, just plain funny.

Seen this on another forum ... I still think it's great. But I have to have some sympathy for the ol' guy ... the videographer sucks, all that switching from one camera to the other.

And I love the censoring ... just missing the actual curse.

Ha ha ... once again, just plain funny.

Thanks Mike,

It was a blast, the next episode in the series is actually about the art of "bacon". But I am sure without a doubt my father would want to do another....perhaps right at the creek bed? maybe showing how to cast dry line in a creek....oh the possibilities.

I loved that...LOL! It is a great idea.

How about getting together a collection of magnifying glasses and loupes to do a video on midges? It would be hillarious to see him break one of the lenses and roll around on floor looking for that size 20 hook that fell...oops, maybe that might be too close to home for some, like me LOL.

I could do this one without even trying on a size 10:). I keep trying to tell myself I need more light.