Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Tying Contest - Small Extension

I know some people showed interest in the tying contest but because of the holiday season were not able to find the time and the truth is I am not gonna have much time in the next two weeks so I won't be able to get the time to take all of the pics. So I thought it might be a good idea to extend entries into the contest until Jan 15, this will give me plenty of time to catch up and time for anyone still interested in submitting a pattern. I have gotten quite a few good sets of flies and many people are submitting for mulitple species so if you have any question feel free to ask!!!!!

Everyone from every skill level and experience is encourage to participate because this is all in the same of FUN!

I thought it was the 15th anyways. I have my trout flies and need to work on a steelhead pattern (unless it's the same category) but need an address to mail them to.

Here is my address:

Will Mullis

783 Willow St

Williamsburg, OH 45176

Trout and Steelhead are seperate so that would be great!

Thanks for the extension! I'll be sending mine any day, now. This contest is making me very curious. What will we all be looking for when voting? hmmm...

How will the categories be divided? I think this contest is a great idea and it will be very interesting to see what flies are submitted and which ones get the most votes.

I've got some good flies, but I'm totally struggling over weather to send ones that are tough to tie and look really nice or to send ones that are more suggestive, less specific. I guess I'll send a mix.

Right now, I'm planning on sending a trout, a smallie, a largemouth, a carp, a bluegill, a steelhead and maybe a pike / musky or even a striper.

I'd love to be able to send more than one trout fly.

Can't there be one for rainbows and one for browns?

Maybe I'll do whitefish, char, and trout flies

- Adam

Smallie, can I ask a dumb question? Sure I can , done it before. When you put the photos up for us to vote on, will we be able to enlarge the photo? Tos see detail? Also will we be able to copy and save the photo so we can have a future reference, in case we find some patterns we would like to copy? Or will they all be in the database?

John headbang.gif

Yea the pictures will be large enough to see the detail and I will the patterns to the database for the people who included a receipe list with their flies.

Will did I forget to send the pattern menu's with my entrys?

If I forgot I will email you them

Thanks

OSD.

I will e-mail the recipee for my flies also will. Forgot what I sent, so I guess I`ll have to wait until you post them. LOL. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

The deadline is tomorrow, how soon after that will voting commence?

No I am not anxious to see the flies or anything

john

I am gonna try to start photographicing them tonight and hope to finish them up by the end of the week