Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dave_L

Eastern Sierra has been good!

Spent a week up highway 395 North (Bishop, Mammoth Lakes etc). Took lots of native Brown trout as well as Calif Dept of Fish & Game stocked Rainbows. Size 16 Parachute Adams seemed best. Good fishing! It's nice that there is a sustainable population of native trout and that you don't have to rely on a stock truck. Catch & release barbless flies is the way to enjoy and maintain this! Fish on!

No pictures? This is 2019 ... everybody has a camera, no?

No, I never carry a camera when fishing, and no, my cell doesn't do pictures (my wife thinks my phone dates back to the 1800's).

One of Wife's favorite sayings (so, it's one of mine, too), "If there's no pictures, it didn't happen."

I'm joking, of course ... but it's why I photo or video every fishing trip. Proof, if I ever catch that "big one".

Have a friend of mine & his nephew making their way along 395 this Week, exploring all of the fishing options. They'll also make a stop @ Manzanar, looking to tap into the karma of The Manzanar Fishing Club.

143623_c5330f03b528f530332b2d141db25f7e.

What, as if the internet is not already cluttered enough with self-serving egotistical hero shots?

And no one is going to comment about the phrase "native Brown trout"? That one always makes me chuckle.

Dave_L: Thanks for the report. There certainly is a lot of good water around Bishop and Mammoth. Must be hot down there this time of year.