Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Hard

The Mess

I use three tobbaco containers, on my desk. One is for anything plastic, Krystal Flash, Mylar, synthetic hairs, ect.

One for feathers, parts that can be used for hackles, the third is used for trimmings of wool, hairs, marabou,threads ect. This keeps the area pretty clean and there is allways something close at hand if I start creating. Keeping all the feathers provides a bunch of hackle tips for dry's.hackle fibers for tails. All the Trimmings are made into dubbing.

Daryn, you talking about cigar boxes? If so, if anybody wants some I have a number. As a cigar smoker and collector I have a number of boxes that empty from smoking wink.gif

Let me know if anyone wants some and we can make arrangements.

thumbsup.gif

What I am talking about is plastic tobbaco containers. They are round and have a twist on lid something like tupperware. I use them for all kinds of stuff.

I sent you a PM about the cigar boxes.

Went to the salvation army tonight and picked up a wood box that holds formal silverware. It has a flip lid on top and a sliding drawer in the front. Nice size.

24'x18"x6" I can do away with a couple of rubbermaid containers now, until my next trip to the fishing store.

BFR

The Sally Anne thrift store is so cool they even let me lay stuff away. I saw they had a donation from a sports store, (hockey equipment) I had them put me up a pair of skates. When I went back, they were burried under all kinds of stuff so they asked me If I wouldnt mind taking an even better pair still in the box. Ten bucks!

<--smoker, probly not everyone has access to these, but ive got a few kickin around if anyone wants ??

The round plastic snuff cans make great storage containers for extra flies. I tie a bunch of flies before the seasonal hatch and keep them ready. I'm in the process of taking surplus flies out of my fly boxes and putting them in cans for the coming year. Will spend time at the vise to fill up the others and get ready. wink.gif

Sign in to follow this