Fly Tying
Steve617

Favorite fly tying Youtube channels

two of the best

davie mcphail

hans weilenmann

another good one

tightlines

Far too often I find myself screaming at the laptop "WHY!" or "Can't you count!" when I watch videos on You Tube. The only videos I could point a beginner at and say "Tie like that" of all that I have watched of Hans Weilenmann. Others I have seen some are ok but others leave me wondering. Things like "Take 3 or 4 turns to form the head." (Not needed on an Orange Partridge) then the tier takes 12 turns. Really makes me wonder, then to hear it lauded as an excellent video?

There are many more videos out there than I could possibly watch. There may be others I would recommend, I haven't found them yet.

I've made a few videos. Before I start I always consider if, by doing that video, I am adding anything to what is out there. A new pattern or technique, something that hasn't been covered before. That is quite a tough test, and is part of the reason I haven't done many. I may do more, but personal circumstances are making it very difficult just now. I would like to have more equipment for doing them. Especially a camera that shows my view as I am tying.

Cheers,

C.

In the riffle is a good one as is Hammer Creek( see all of those on this forum), and also Parks Fly shop in Gardiner Montana has their tyers doing some good ones.

I like all the ones mentioned. I also found this tier a few weeks ago. He does some very neat things with wings and his videos are sharp. Here is his YouTube link or it's flyfishingwithsmhaen:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb4hH1CutFonqVSaQBrx0Sg

Joe

Davie McPhail's skill is astounding, and his ties are beautiful and durable. Poetry on the vise.

Others I like include Tightline videos, Charlie Craven videos, and Hans W.

For a great fishing, easy to tie guide fly for someone interested getting in tying and fishing, I recommend Eric Stroup tying the "J-bug"

Dron Lee's Flttying nation and Rich Strolis's Catching Shadows. They wow me!

Rocco

I may have a new favorite Davie Mcphail. Pretty bad when you wake up at 2 am to watch a fly tying video.

Hey I do it all the time...LOL...Old lady asked me one night what was I watching at 2:30 AM...I said fly tying video...Before I knew it time to get ready for work. Oh well I couldn't sleep anyway might as well make time useful than just tossing and turning in bed!