Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Peartree

TFO warranty

Just wanted to say how pleased I was with my TFO warranty experience. Sent in a rod I've had for about 2 years, the glue had failed on the butt section. Obviously a manufacturing issue. About 10 days later, got back not only a completely new rod, but also the check I had sent in to cover shipping.

They kept my check. :-( The broken rod tip was promptly replaced, though, and the rod was back in action much quicker than I expected.

Quality product + reasonable price + good service = great company to do business with!

Haven't had to use TFO yet but have several times with Redington and always pleased with them. And not even being the original owner either.

I've been very pleased with warranty service (3, so far...) from TFO - other manufacturers could take lessons....

Guiding in the salt is just plain hard on your gear -- twice over the years I've had the same rod back to the factory twice in one year (not TFO...) after one misadventure or other... I think almost every factory rod I've had been repaired more than once over its lifespan.

I had that same problem with my Finesse from tightening the reel seat in too tightly. For better or worse, I ended up just gorilla gluing the reel seat back into place the third time it loosened up. No problems since.