Fly Tying
Harold Ray

Feather Emporium; Honest?? Anybody Using Them?

I have edited a thread which began slightly earlier because I hadn't received some Coq de Leon capes from David at Feather Emporium, http://featheremporium.com/hair-feathers-home-page.html, 14 capes if a multitude of colors, ordered January 22. I had e-mailed once and called with no response and was wondering if I had made a mistake.

Nearly as soon as I had posted, my phone rang and it was David; he had told me before he was having to dye quite a few of the capes; I just hadn't realized the wait would be this long. He will be shipping the capes tomorrow or Saturday, so things are going well at this time.

It sounded as if people were coming in as we spoke, so it seems he is pretty busy, and he was doing the dyeing himself when I called last. Guess I was too anxious.

Ray

I use him for most any feather purchase I make, and have been super happy with everything I've bought.

I bought some saddles at the same time which came in quickly; they were dyed and he had achieved some of the most vibrant colors I have ever seen. Beautiful.

I've been ordering from David for about a year now & very happy with the service, and products, very prompt shipping(free) with great prices.

Mike

I see he's located in Madison Wi. and I'm in Oconomowoc, about 40 mi. away. I wonder if he has a retail store out there?

While I was on the phone with him today, he asked if he could call me back because someone had come in, so I guess he does. Call him and ask. After talking with him, I suspect that's why he hadn't answered the phone before.

Glad to hear it was resolved, so far, to your satisfaction. I bought a golden pheasant that arrived promptly. Not dyed, so that would make a difference.

Kirk

excellent customer service for me and good prices

the only downside: there is no card with the identifying color in the ziplock bag as would be provided by whiting. difficult to remember colors when you purchase multiple 1/2 necks especially when you buy the variants

Never had an issue with the products or service.

I do wish I'd get shipping confirmations or a recipient, but it's minor.

It's nice to see that you should be taken care of. Also nice to see so much positive response on his customer service. I can add my name to those who have been very happy with my purchases from him. His cluster of half capes of different colors for one low price is great. Takes a long time for a non-commercial tier to ever use up a whole cape. I know, I have several I've been ripping off for a couple of years and it's hard tell.

I ordered a grizzly died black soft hackle with chickabou.Thought I was getting a whiting farms saddle in a whiting farms package,instead got a plain package.Also noticed the hackle seems brittle.At this time probably will not be ordering anymore.P.S the hackle was not grizzly but pure black.

Guest rich mc

he was set up at the hawkeye fly show last weekend very nice assortments rich mc