Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Caddis for Christmas VII

Caddis flies only

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 03:36 PM

Jburge makes number 10.  Just two spots left to get 12 new caddis flies under your Christmas tree.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#17 mikemac1

mikemac1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 04:44 PM

I am in. Green and Tan rockworms

Strategy without Tactics is a slow route to Victory.  Tactics without Strategy is the noise before Defeat.

Sun Tzu

#18 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 08:06 PM

One spot left, who's going to fill it?

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

Fishing Bob

#19 Noahguide

Noahguide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:27 AM

Ready to ship. Will send after you fill and I get my swap box back from the small streamer swap. Thanks for hosting.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20191028_092137.jpg

#20 samsonboi

samsonboi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:31 AM

I'm in for #12, just in time!

#21 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:35 PM

AND THAT MAKES A FULL SWAP!   Looking forward to see what everyone ties.  Thanks to all for signing up.

Fishing Bob

#22 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:27 PM

This will be the Caddis version of my offerings. Holy Grail of Caddis Emergers...

DSCF5462 (2).JPG

And a Christmas Chironomid, otherwise known as the Red Green Chiro. Fish it, it's supposed to work particularly in lower light conditions.

DSCF5463 (2).JPG

#23 professori

professori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:24 PM

Noah, those McPhails sure look sweet.  But.....now I have to change my planned submission. :-(

#24 Noahguide

Noahguide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:53 PM

professori, Thanks, I was happy with how they turned out. Eyes were a real PITA though. Understand about changing patterns, happened to me on the small streamer swap.

#25 professori

professori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:27 PM

professori, Thanks, I was happy with how they turned out. Eyes were a real PITA though. Understand about changing patterns, happened to me on the small streamer swap.

Well I hope you had to change because someone tied up Thunder Creek minnows before you got around to it!  LOL

#26 professori

professori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:29 PM

I'll be tying up Shark's Caddis Pupa.

#27 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:20 AM

I stopped listing patterns on swaps I host.  No two tiers tie a pattern the exact same way.  I find it interesting to see the differences.

Fishing Bob

#28 Woodenlegs

Woodenlegs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 03:18 PM

Sounds good makes it more anxious

So mine will be in the mail tomorrow

#29 mikemac1

mikemac1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:22 AM

Rock Worms in the post this morning.

Strategy without Tactics is a slow route to Victory.  Tactics without Strategy is the noise before Defeat.

Sun Tzu

#30 DarrellP

DarrellP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:34 AM

I am adding anot her fly, so I am sending a 16 HE and partridge and an October Caddis on a small Steelhead hook. Not totally happy with the soft hackle being enough.
"Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job." John Geirach

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Caddis flies only