Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Caddis for Christmas VII

Caddis flies only

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:44 AM

Mikemac1's flies arrived yesterday, two very buggy Rock Worms.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#32 Noahguide

Noahguide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:50 AM

In the mail. Due Friday.

#33 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 01:56 PM

Fishin'Bob, I believe I have run across the nicest looking Caddis Pupa I have ever seen tied. It is by Davie McPhail so of course it looks like anybody could tie it but it is a complicated and long tie. I had my flies ready to go out in mail today but I am going to give this fly a try and see if it is in the realm of my abilities. If it is I'll hold off and see if I can tie enough for swap. If not you get the Holy Grail and I will at least try to get a couple of these for my own box. Here is a video of the fly with Davie tying and you'll see why it may not be withing my reach. I have some small sheets of Organza but don't know if they'll work. If not I'll have to have wife pick some ribbon up at Hobby Lobby.

https://www.youtube....h?v=3dLEsvdO8u4

#34 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 02:21 PM

Woodenlegs tied one of my favorite Caddis patterns and they are beautiful.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

Fishing Bob

#35 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:16 AM

Noahguide and vicrider's contributions have arrived, nice work you guys.

Fishing Bob

#36 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:17 PM

Ha, my wife sent my package before I realized it.  I was going to try a different pattern but if I can master it I'll send it separate. Otherwise I think the Holy Grail Caddis looks pretty good.

#37 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:46 PM

Two more sets today, like Christmas already! DarrellP and Professori  tied some great looking flies.  So far we have a fantastic set of Caddis, can't wait to see what else is coming.

Mail your flies to:

Bob Nelson

4233 Hedge Ave.

Sacramento, CA  95826-6517

Fishing Bob

#38 Johnw1986

Johnw1986

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:43 PM

Flies are ready for the mail, fishingbobnelson could you PM me address please? I never saw one on the thread, thanks

#39 r2732

r2732

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:42 PM

Flies are in the mail. 

Tracking number is: 9500 1155 9401 9325 2196 87

ETA is Monday 11/25

Walt Ryan

#40 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:58 AM

Quick reminder, flies are due a week from Saturday.

Fishing Bob

#41 Noahguide

Noahguide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:28 AM

On some of these swaps, I feel like Ralphie waiting for a decoder ring!
Happy Thanksgiving.

Attached Thumbnails

• 94675f2605e768bc9fd045c7d7923789-1.jpg

#42 Woodenlegs

Woodenlegs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:26 PM

Oh how true

#43 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:18 PM

A guacamole stained envelope arrived somehow from the Rock Hill international shipping center.  Looks like it had fun south of the border before heading el norte on a coyote.  I think the Carolina Reaper scented flies may be illegal is several states.  Of course, only Troutguy would know for sure.  Can't wait to share these great Caddis nymphs!

Fishing Bob

#44 troutguy

troutguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:20 PM

LOL

That was quick. Actually I mailed them from from Concord, NC the home of NSCAR. The stains were real, I managed to score a Popeyes chicken sandwich. No fights in line and they weren't sold out.  The hype is well worth it. 

Hope you like the odd extras.

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for the day; Teach a man to tie flies and he'll pick up all the roadkill.

#45 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 11:10 PM

Got jburge's flies over taco's at Rubio's so just one more set to arrive.  Should be here tomorrow.  Will try to have them out no later than Tuesday.  

Fishing Bob

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Caddis flies only