Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Just an introduction

Don't know where to start. Life long fisherman. Trout at 3, salmon around 5, and steelhead barely at 7 (on Xmas morning in fact). Started out with gear. Grabbed my first fly rod at 11, started fly tying at same time since I couldn't afford flies. Use glass with an old pfluegers up until about 5 years ago. After throwing a 10wt glass rod with a pfluger 1498, these modern fly rods are a piece of cake. laugh.gif

I've fished all over the world. Grew up poor, but was fortunate to become an exchange student and traveled when I was in Germany. I use gear and fly, so don't favor one over the other. Have built/build my own rods, flies, jigs, spinners, etc. Even built my own prams/driftboats from wood with my Dad.

Speaking of boats. Grew up using them (I think it's a requirement here in the Pacific Northwest lol). I've owned jetsleds, driftboats, prams, catarafts, pontoon boats, float tubes. Heck, you name it, I've owned them. I grew up whitewatering. Used to run cargo hauler running 16-18' catarafts for friends who owned whitewatering companies. Ran some of the big waters of the Snake, Colorado, and many others throughout the western US. This ran into fishing for me. I'm very knowledgeable on cats. Know a few boat makers. In fact, may becoming a rep for one of the higher end catarafts (class V rated and extremely well built).

Nowadays. I'm a UPS driver by trade. Have a spinal injury from a collapsed porch, so am on L&I. No rowing, no fishing (only a couple trips in a few months). But I still am able to tie flies professionally. Just gets tedious when you CAN'T fish. LOL. But I'm surviving it. Well, NO I'M NOT!!!! LOL.

Let's see, what else? Hmmm, divorced, have custody of my kids, live in Tacoma, WA. Fish the Olympic Peninsula mostly. I think that basically covers it.

Welcome to the forum Steelheader69! We are always happy to see people with your knowledge on the forum. That's a shame that your not able to fish like you once did, and there is another member(joe) of the forum with the same circumstances. Hope you enjoy it here and hope you stick around and post often!

glad to see you made it over from the other forum....stop in often and let us know how the homewaters are!!!!!! I'm in the distribution business myself, how tedious is that?!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif