Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

FNG coming aboard

Please allow me to introduce myself. I go by Stev, fish at least twice a week, weather permitting, and bring to the board a sense of humor honed by decades of medical work. I pull no punches, keep only the fish I plan to eat, and don't use grenades to fish any more.

Originally from St. Louis, MO. I've lived around MO,and in AR, KS, CO, MD and now FL. As I sit here, in Palmetto, I'm a block from the Manatee River and 15 minutes from the flats of lower Tampa Bay. Twenty-five minutes takes me to Anna Maria Island if I want to dodge tourists and fish surf.

Except for AR, the fishing has been good.

We would really appreciate the occasional fishing report from your area in the reports forum! I love saltwater fly fishing and wish I could get out there more than what I do. What have you been catching lately?

Last trip out, nothing. The reds were tailing but not biting what I was throwing. The water in my area is very warm right now. Trip before last, one not quite legal spec and a juvenile gag grouper, both on a salt and pepper shaker.

Yea I know the water is super warm and low in my area and the fishing has down right sucked the past two weeks. Hoping it gonna pick up soon, just got some rain and should be raising the stream level!

Welcome to the board!!!!!

As SmallieHunter mentioned, keep us updated on the local fishing....and saty away from the Crystal River.....haven't been in years, but still remember a very nice spot...better not catch you in it!!!!!

I frequent the flats around Palmetto and Bradenton and their associated barrier islands. Being boatless and short, the territory I can fish is limited. Your Crystal River is safe this week.

We've had lots of rain today. Flood warnings are up for the entire Tampa Bay area. Looks like no fishing for me until Tuesay next.