Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
m_grieb

Your Personal Best: Trout Edition

We all remember what fly we caught our personal best trout on, right? Now it's time to swap em! tie 10 flies of the same pattern that you have caught your best trout (any Species) on.

Due date for this swap will be September 16, 2016

Please send your flies in a crushproof container along with a self addressed and stamped envelope. Also, you may get a prepaid label instead of stamps, but make sure you tell them not to put a date on it so it remains valid through the due date of this swap. Tyers across seas are welcome, just PM me and we can figure out shipping. '

Swapmeister: M_Grieb

1. Vicrider

crickets...crickets...Don't everyone talk at once. Maybe too many firing up at the same time and less people jumping in? I'm game. 3 weeks of tying time coming at me and I need the diversion to keep what's left of my sanity. One thing that's a problem for me though is that all my biggest trout have come two ways over the years. Well, three ways but I quit spawn bags many years ago. Otherwise they were on simple snelled hooks with a couple of trimmed tufts of yarn and maybe a rubber egg, maybe not. At least that was fly fishing...sort of...the old chuck and duck with lots of weight or fishing like the Chezch nymph boys do today.

The rest of the biggest fish I caught on fly were trolling in the Great Lakes with a gaudy tube fly trolled behind a dodger or a chain of spinners.

Actually, thinking about we did catch some nice trout doing "normal" fly fishing in the mouths of the rivers dumping into Lake Superior. Yeah, those were on either Mickey Finns or Royal Coachmen streamers. That'll do if this swap pans out.

Yeah Vic... I do tend to start these at bad times but i just try to do them when i can. Hopefully itll fill up. It might just take some time.

sorry, too many summer projects going on

but my personal best was a 28" bighorn river brown trout on an adams parachute