Fly Tying
famill00

Hellgramite Swap

Bass absolutely love Hellgramites, so let's do a swap where we all tie up our favorite version of the Hellgramite. Due date will be March 15, 2012. First 12 are in. Everyone please tie up 12 flies. You will not get one of your own back. Please include toetags on your flies and include a self addressed stamped envelope with enough postage to cover the return of the flies. Your flies will be returned in whatever container you send them to me in. All swap rules apply.

SWAP CLOSED

-Forrest

Forrest - Swapmiester - Clousers Hellgrammite -DONE

1)Knightstalker - Hellgramite Nymph -RECEIVED

2)Eaglerapids - Murray's Strymph -RECEIVED

3)CrookedHook - Dobson Larvae

4)sherrib - RECEIVED

5)Ratdz - Might Mite Hellgrammite -RECEIVED

6)Easternfly RECEIVED

7)heavynets - Hellgrammite String Fly -RECEIVED

8)Jimboha - Dougherty's Hellgramaniac-RECEIVED

Bill Siemers is going to join us. He is sending in a dozen. I mistakenly missed seeing where he said he was in. I will divide the flies up equally and send them out.RECEIVED

Hellgramites have largely flown under my radar so I'll take up this challenge and tie Murray's Strymph for this swap if I may. I'm very curious to see what everybody else ties and I know of some bass ponds nearby to test them out on.

Im In if that is ok. Not sure what kind of hellgramite Ill send, but I will let you know.

Thanks

Yep, you are in!

-Forrest

Im In if that is ok. Not sure what kind of hellgramite Ill send, but I will let you know.

Thanks

Yep, you are in!

-Forrest

I am gonna try my hand at tying a regular Dobson Larvae

I have never tied a hellgramite so if you will have me I will give it my best shot!

Done! I figured this would be a good way for us to all challenge ourselves as there are not a ton of Helgie patterns out there.

Let me know if you come up with a particular pattern name.

-Forrest

I have never tied a hellgramite so if you will have me I will give it my best shot!

Done! I figured this would be a good way for us to all challenge ourselves as there are not a ton of Helgie patterns out there.

-Forrest

Actually I searched the data base for a pattern and think I should bow out. They look extremely hard and I am not that great of a tyer, afraid wouldn't be fair to the others in the swap

-Forrest

Actually I searched the data base for a pattern and think I should bow out. They look extremely hard and I am not that great of a tyer, afraid wouldn't be fair to the others in the swap

Sherri,

Don't give up yet. Search the internet and see what you come up with. There are easier patterns out there. Let me know what you decide. If you need help, send me a PM.

-Forrest

-Forrest

Sherri,

Don't give up yet. Search the internet and see what you come up with. There are easier patterns out there. Let me know what you decide. If you need help, send me a PM.

-Forrest

Looking at u tube right now, I will do my best and any help would be appreciated.

-Forrest

What size hook do you recommend

Sherri,

-Forrest

Looking at u tube right now, I will do my best and any help would be appreciated.

Sherri,

At any time you need help feel free to post a pic of what you have. We can all chip in and provide help. Thanks for sticking in there!

-Forrest

Sherri,

At any time you need help feel free to post a pic of what you have. We can all chip in and provide help. Thanks for sticking in there!

-Forrest

Yeah shoot, just tye a wooly bugger with some biots down the side. I killed them with one just like that in Lwer Mountain Fork in Broken Bow Oklahoma a few weeks ago. Here is the pic:

post-36234-0-03804100-1326693029_thumb.jpg