Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Ashby

Brown Hackle Peacock

The daughter and I tied this up tonight. Her is on The Fly Tying Bench along with this one and how she did.

Ashby

Very nice tie buddy. I love the fact that your daughter and you tie together!!! She did excellent on hers too!

Sam

Nice neat tie!

That fly can take so many different types of fish in so many different conditions.

I'm taking notes on all the father-daughter tying. I have a 8 month old! So far she loves holding soft feathers. :D

~James

i have caught plenty of trout on a fly like that, but i think it had a biot tail.

either way, it is a fish catcher, the bluegills would tear that up too! have her tie a few more of those puppies and make a day out of it.

This little fly is pretty awesome to fish. Thom, don't worry I will have plenty of these little guys. Swinks the fly you are talking about is a Prince Nymph that has the biots on the tail and the head, also an awesome fly that I have a ton of. Great for Salmon as odd as it sounds but what I use most to catch my Salmon on with a read bead about four inches up the line from the fly. Anyway thanks again guys.

Ashby

nope i didnt mean the prince, I meant just like that, hackle tail, pheasant tail, or biot tail, with peacock body, brown hackle, no rib, no wings, with or without bead head

Joe

Cool, I got what you're saying now. I'm going to have to tie me up a few with a biot tail, oh man, use a yellow biot :headbang: yeah going to have to do a few of those as well. Now you have my head going.

Ashby

Back to the forum. I the the BHP with a tuft of red yarn. Last longer than feathers. One of the vest flies...bar none!

The Brown Hackle is one of my favorite flies, although I use either a pheasant tippet or no tail, but I'm sure that'll catch a lot of trout!

Jeff

hmm 13 year old thread

img43d6fcdd6e10f.jpg

brown hackle fibers

peacock herl

brown hackle

may be ribbed if you prefer