Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Saw threads like these on other forums. Theyre pretty entertaining and you can see what people are catching. Hoping we can keep it going so it'll stay atleast on the front page. Itd be nice if an admin could make it a Sticky or something of the like. Any and all species and sizes welcome, doesnt have to be OTF.......

If I ever catch another fish, I'll post a pic. :)

I do have one question, which clarkii's pic made me think of... in fly fishing pics, why do we so often see the rod and reel dropped into the water, laying on the bottom? I can't think of any other pictures I've ever seen of other types of fishing where the angler puts the rod and reel down in the water to take a fish. Not criticizing, just curious.

I do have one question, which clarkii's pic made me think of... in fly fishing pics, why do we so often see the rod and reel dropped into the water, laying on the bottom? I can't think of any other pictures I've ever seen of other types of fishing where the angler puts the rod and reel down in the water to take a fish. Not criticizing, just curious.

I don't normally drop it in the water unless I have to but I will sometimes hold the rod with the fish as sort of a way to see how big it is in comparison to the rod.

I never put my reel in the water. I forgot I did one time and it cost me. I forgot to air out my backing and it rotted and it cost me one heck of a nice fish and my fly line lol! :lol:

A Brown my son, Michael caught at dusk on the East Walker River, Bridgeport, CA...

mikes-bday-brn-ewr-21.jpg

on this pattern:

MOOsBLUE-1-.jpg

“MOO’s BLUE MIDGE” # 18…

HOOK: Gamakatsu C12B Scud Hook, #18-#20

THREAD: Tiemco 16/0, Black

ABDOMEN: Blue Krystal Flash

TAIL: Pearl Midge Flash

RIB: Wapsi wire, x-sm, silver

THORAX: Purple Iridescent Peacock Herl (Spirit River)

BEAD: Silver Tungsten, sized to hook

PT/TB :)

JS-

here we have an example of the fish being the priority- and wanting to get it released quickly-

i was standing in water- by myself- wanted a picture of the fish- -only have two hands- one for camera and one for the fish-

so rod goes in the water... and no worse for wear. B) .

I have no complaints about this years fishing results...heres a couple that made it to the net. One on a Hares Ear Nymph & the other on a Red/Black marabou streamer

post-9408-0-68392300-1322072902_thumb.jpg

post-9408-0-44979800-1322072997_thumb.jpg