Fly Tying
add147

Mop Swap - Jazz it up!!!

Swap is now closed

OK everyone, this swap might be some what controversial for some and for those of you that do not wish to participate in this swap that is fine. Some folks thinks the mops that you can purchase at the dollar stores are a dumb way of creating a fly. I tend to agree if all you are doing is snipping off the tassel and tying it to a hook and wrapping some sort of hackle on it. I mean come on, I know folks on this forum can do some extraordinary and creative flies using the tassel from these cheap mops. I do not care the type of color, hook, or hooks (can be articulated if you choose) are using as long as the flies are jazzed up and looks half way decent. Nothing lame which means no just tying the tassel on a hook and saying there it is!

I need 12 tiers to participate in this swap or more if extra folks want to join in and the rest do not mind. This would be an excellent swap for newbies!!! Standard rules apply, make sure you label your container and place toes tags on your flies, self addressed return envelope with the correct postage in required. If you are using a postal meter please make sure you do not place a date on the return postage because the Post Office will not mail it because the post mark date has lapsed.

I have gotten my grandmother taken care of now so I am able to get back to my tying desk which was why I had some distractions on my pervious swaps.

Remember to jazz up the mop flies up and let's see what king of imagination everyone has!!! I was thinking of a due date of April 8, 2017...Since these are a relatively simple type of fly April 8 ought to be a good due date. Hop on aboard and let's see what happens with this swap.

SW - add147

1. MOO-D..............Received

2. rich mc...............Received

3. carpflyguy..........Received

4. Crackleback.......Recieved

5. Docfriar..............Received

6. Floyd..................Received

7. jjs89yj.................Recieved

Swap in now closed...Since we only have 7 tiers it has been agreed upon to tie 14 flies total that way everyone will be getting 2 flies a piece for everyone.

I can see it now..."New IGFA 10# tippet record set for Tarpon at 95#s on Mop Fly."

I'll see if you fill out first. Pretty caught up right now except for caddis which are giving me trouble when they shouldn't.

vicrider,

LOL...You never know! I thought this might attract some newbies to try a swap. You are always welcomed to join in my swaps! If you are not to busy you ought to give it a try.

Ill give it a try never done a swap before I live in Switzerland so figuring out postage is going to be a bummer

The Mop might not be fishable !!!

Ill give it a try never done a swap before I live in Switzerland so figuring out postage is going to be a bummer

The Mop might not be fishable !!!

Welcome to FTF... Hope you get the postage stuff worked out... Post up some fly and fish pictures when you get the chance